Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University is a dynamic growth oriented organization established to facilitate and promote studies and research in emerging areas of higher education with focus on professional education. The University imparts education in the field of Engineering, Science, Technology, Humanities & Social Sciences etc. at Graduate, Post-Graduate, and Doctorate Level under its various Schools.
No of Posts : 04
Specialization : Chemistry / Medicinal Chemistry / Microbiology / Biochemistry / Bioinformatics
Pay : Consolidated pay as per University Norms
No of Posts : 01
Specialization : Pharmaceutical Chemistry / Pharmacology
Pay : Consolidated pay as per University Norms
Eligibility and Qualifications for Assistant Professor
For Medicinal Chemistry & Drug Design
1) M.Sc. 55% marks in Chemistry / Medicinal Chemistry / Microbiology / Biochemistry/ Bioinformatics, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign University.
2) Ph.D Degree in relevant field from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign University.
3) The National Eligibility Test (NET) shall be the minimum eligibility for appointment of Assistant Professor.
(i) Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR (exemption from NET shall be granted provided that candidates who have been awarded a Ph.D. degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil/Ph.D. degree) Regulation, 2009, or the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for award of M.Phil./Ph.D. degree) Regulation, 2016, and their subsequent amendments from time to time, as the case may be, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor the University.
Provided further that the award of degree to candidates registered for the M. Phil/Ph.D. programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions, of the then existing Ordinances/Bye-laws/Regulations of the Institutions awarding the degree. All such Ph.D.
Candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor in the University subject to the fulfillment of the following conditions:
a) The Ph.D. degree of the candidate has been awarded in regular mode only;
b) The Ph.D. thesis has been awarded by at least two external examiners;
c) An open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate has been conducted;
d) The candidate has published two research papers from her/his Ph.D. work out of which at least one is in a refereed journal;
e) The candidate has published at least two papers, based on her/his Ph.D. work in conferences/seminars sponsored/ funded/supported by the UGC/ ICSSR/CSIR or any similar agency.
(ii) A relaxation of 5% shall be allowed at the Bachelor's as well as at the Master's level for the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/Other Backward Classes (OBC) (non-creamy layer)/differently abled (persons with Benchmark Disability PwBD) in the category of (a) Visual Impairment (VI) including blindness and low vision, and (b) Locomotor Disability (LD) including leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy. The eligibility of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever the grading system is followed), wherever specified, and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible, based only on the qualifying marks without including any grace mark procedure.
(iii) A relevant grade which is regarded as equivalent of 55%, wherever the grading system is followed by a recognized University, at the master's level shall also be considered eligible.
(iv) The number of candidates to be called for interview for the teaching posts in the University shall be determined after screening of applications in accordance with the guidelines laid down by the University.
(b) For M.Pharm. (As per AICTE norms 2019)
B. Pharm. and M. Pharm. in the relevant specialization with First Class or equivalent in any one of the two degrees.
General Terms & Conditions
1. No column of application should be left blank. Strike out those columns, which are not applicable.
2. The educational qualification(s), age, experience and other conditions of eligibility as stipulated above against the post shall be determined as on the closing date of receipt of applications.
3. UGC/AICTE guidelines as well as University provisions shall be followed as applicable from time to time.
4. Fulfillment of conditions of minimum qualification shall not necessarily entitle any applicant to be called for further process of recruitment.
5. Application Form must also be accompanied by attested copies of all Educational and Professional Qualifications, Experience Certificates, Caste Certificate/ PWD certificate/ Ex-Serviceman certificate (in case claiming benefit of reservation, fee exemption & age relaxation etc.). An application, without the said documents is likely to be rejected during the course of screening.
6. In case of large number of applicants, University reserves the right to shortlist applicants in any manner as may be considered appropriate and no reason for rejection shall be communicated. No claim for refund of cost of application or processing fee shall be entertained
7. The University reserves the right to fill or not to fill post advertised, no correspondence, whatsoever, will be entertained from the candidates regarding postal delays, conduct, result and reason for not being shortlisted.
8. The modifications, if any, pertaining to this advertisement like qualifications, interview dates requisite documents etc. will be uploaded and updated on University website. The Candidates are advised to visit University website ipu.ac.in time to time. The University reserves the right to withdraw advertised post at any time without assigning any reason. Any consequential vacancies arising at the time of Interview may also be filled up from the available candidates.
9. The number of posts may vary at the discretion of the University. Applicants not found suitable for the position applied, may be considered for the next lower position/post/Academic Grade Pay, if available and the University reserves the right not to fill post advertised, if the circumstances so warrant.
10. The University reserves the right to withdraw advertised post at any time without assigning any reason. Any consequential vacancies arising at the time of Interview may also be filled up from the available candidates.
11. Full name may be mentioned in application form. If there was change of name at any stage of time, original name may also be mentioned.
12. Employment of the University shall be governed by the rules and regulations, service conditions, as may be notified by the University from time to time.
13. The pay and allowances of contract appointment shall be fixed as per University/ Govt, norms.
14. No applicant having more than one living wife/husband is eligible for appointment.
15. lncomplete/unsigned application/application without photograph/application not in prescribed proforma and those received after closing date (if applicable) shall be rejected without assigning any reason.
16. No documents will be accepted or considered by the University after submission of application form by the candidate and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
17. Candidature of applicant shall be subject to verification of testimonials at a subsequent stage.
18. No TA/DA shall be payable to applicant for any journey performed for attending the test/ interview.
19. Canvassing in any form will be treated as disqualification.
20. No enquiry personal or in writing for recruitment shall be entertained.
21. The performance of the incumbent will be assessed yearly/six monthly based on the outcome.
22. The appointment can be discontinued with one month’s notice by either side writhout assigning any reason.
23. Any dispute with regard to this recruitment will be subject to the Courts/Tribunals having jurisdiction over Delhi.
24. The application, on the prescribed form, duly filled in, complete in all aspects, should be submitted in the University or sent by Speed-post, so as to reach to the Deputy Registrar (Personnel), Room No. 021, Administrative Block, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Sector-16C, Dwarka, New Delhi-110078 latest by 26.12.2021 bv 5.00 pm. The University will not be responsible for any postal delay or loss.
25. The envelope containing application should be superscribed as "Application for the post of .....................in the discipline of..........................
The last Date of Submission of application 26th December 2021 by 5.00 PM.
See All Other Jobs in our Database