Require Safety Specialist at Syneos Health
It happens when clinical and commercial work hand-in-hand together. When the walls between disciplines come down and are replaced by the sharing of critical insights and data to optimize your success. When everyone in the company begins their work with the ultimate end in mind. Biopharmaceutical acceleration is changing the game and it’s happening here. Faster processes, deeper insights, smoother systems and more actionable Real World Evidence are just some of the benefits Syneos Health and biopharmaceutical acceleration can bring to a marketplace that grows increasingly complex and competitive each day.
Post : Safety Specialist
• Performs all aspects of the collection, processing, and reporting of adverse events/endpoints adhering to all data protection guidelines, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Good Clinical Practices (GCPs), regulatory guidelines and study procedures. May lead one or several projects of moderate to high complexity.
• Interfaces between Company, sponsors, vendors, and other departments in the area of safety and pharmacovigilance; assists in the design and implementation of safety collection, processing, and reporting systems.
• Assumes responsibilities of safety project leader/endpoint manager for projects which require a team of Safety Specialists, including but not limited to:
• Assigns resources and timelines; reorganizes daily workload based on priority.
• Proactively communicates to management new issues and suggested solutions; reports availability to take on new assignments.
• Develops and reviews project proposals, agreements, invoices, financial measures, and performance metrics; performs limited budget review under supervision.
• Prepares Safety Management Plan.
• Coordinates workload /workflow and status reviews.
• Manages systems for receipt and tracking adverse event (AE)/endpoint information.
• Processes Adverse Events (AEs)/Endpoints according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and project specific safety plans.
• Triages AEs, evaluates AE data for completeness, accuracy, and regulatory reportability.
• Enters data into safety/adjudication database.
• Performs Quality Control (QC) of entered data/endpoint dossiers.
• Codes events, medical history, concomitant medications, and tests.
• Compiles complete narrative summaries.
• Discerns what information requires querying and interacts closely with study monitors, investigative site personnel, and sponsor representatives until all follow-up information is obtained and queries are satisfactorily resolved.
• Participates in generation of reports to the sponsor and regulatory authorities; ensures timely, consistent, and accurate reporting of expedited reports in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements.
• Coordinates with data management staff concerning reconciliation of safety data between the clinical and safety databases.
• Generates reports to clients and regulatory authorities as needed.
• Assists in preparation and distribution of all required periodic reports for both clinical and post-marketing projects.
• Ensures that all aspects of the Companys safety data collection and processing are consistent with current industry practices and meet all pertinent domestic and international regulatory requirements; ensures correct study setup and closure including proper documentation and archival.
• Assists training of Investigators and other departments on AE reporting/adjudication.
• Delivers presentations regarding safety and pharmacovigilance to internal and external customers.
• Maintains current professional knowledge in fields of safety management, coding, computer science, quality assurance, regulatory affairs, and applicable areas of medical sciences to serve as a basis for providing value added expanded company services to all appropriate clients.
• Maintains understanding of SOPs, Work Instructions (WIs), global drug/biologic/device regulations, GCPs, ICH guidelines, and the drug development process.
• Minimum graduation in Life Science or Registered Nurse/Pharmacist.
• 2-3 years of experience in Safety and Pharmacovigilance.
• Working experience in Clinical Trial Case Processing is highly preferred
• Working experience for Literature, Spontaneous cases are preferred
• Working experience in ARGUS/ ARIS G preferred
• Clinical Research Organization (CRO) experience with therapeutic specialties preferred. Knowledge of relevant international regulations/guidelines and strong understanding and usage of medical terminology preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), e-mail, and internet.
• Strong organizational, presentation, documentation, analytical, oral/ written (English), and interpersonal skills with strong judgment and tactful discretion appropriate to a professional medical setting.
• Ability to make effective decisions, manage multiple priorities, exhibit high degree of accuracy, and meet deadlines in a highly dynamic environment.
• Ability to be flexible, adapt to change, work independently, as well as part of a team in a matrix environment.
Experience : 2-3 years
Qualification : graduation in Life Science or Registered Nurse/Pharmacist
Location : Gurgaon
Industry Type : Pharma
Functional Area : Safety
End Date : 15th September, 2018
See All Other Jobs in our Database