Opportunity in Govt. Research Scheme for M.Pharm/M.Sc Fresh or exp Indian or NRI Candidates - multiple fellowships
Department of health research (DHR) has a scheme to provide advanced training in India and abroad to medical and health research personnel in cutting edge research areas concerning medicine and health to create trained human resource for carrying out research activities. The scheme has following components:
1. Long Term Fellowship for 6-12 months in identified areas from regular faculty of Medical Colleges/Universities/Research Institutes for training in Foreign/Indian Institutes (Age: upto 45 years)
2. Short Term Fellowships for 1-3 months in identified areas from regular faculty of Medical Colleges/Universities/Research Institutes for training in Foreign/Indian Institutes for training in Indian Institutes (Age: upto 55 years)
3. Programme specifically for Women who have had a break in their career
4. Scholarships/fellowship to young scientists (medical/non-medical) in newer areas.
5. Programme to encourage health research personnel [Non-resident Indian (NRI), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI)] serving abroad, to come back to India for undertaking research in identified areas.
6. Support to Indian Institutes for imparting training in identified areas to the Faculty of Medical Colleges/Research Institutes.
7. Support to Scientific/Professional Associations/Bodies for organizing technical meetings/conferences/seminars etc.
Objectives of the scheme:
i. To increase the overall availability of trained personnel for health research from medical colleges across the country through scholarships, fellowships and career advancement scheme etc. for faculty and young medical doctors and other scientists to take up medical and health research as a career.
ii. To focus on the creation of a cadre of trained medical/health researchers in specific identified priority areas of health research viz., Clinical Trials; Toxicology; Good Clinical Practices (GCP); Good Laboratory Practices (GLP); Quality Control (QC) & QA; Genomics; Proteomics; Clinical Psychology, Geriatrics; Modern Biology; Biotechnology; Stem cells; Genetics; Drugs chemistry; and operational research etc..
iii. To create, support, nurture and encourage the trainees from these medical colleges to forge linkages with other scientists from universities, research institutes etc. to develop multidisciplinary and multi-sectoral teams necessary for addressing critical national and local health problems.
iv. To establish suitable online teaching and learning facilities to facilitate training in health research in various subjects in a more effective manner and for promoting biomedical/health research. -Applications are invited in the prescribed format from eligible candidates as specified against each category for award of fellowship to get training in identified/ cutting edge areas of health research under its new schemes ‘Human Resources Development for Health Research’. The main aim of the scheme is to provide ‘Advanced training in cutting edge research areas concerning medicine and health for training in India and abroad and to encourage trained manpower to carryout research activities in cutting edge areas and management of patients in the medical colleges across the country’. About 2/3rd of the fellowships will be given to medical colleges /medical institutions in Government sector.
I. Long Term Fellowship (6-12 months) in Indian institutes:
Areas for fellowship:
Quality Control (QC) and Quality Assurance(QA)
Stem cell research
Good Clinical Practices (GCP)
Good laboratory Practices (GLP)
Any other area recommended by the committee as per National Health Policy/ National Health Goals
Mental Health/Clinical Psychology
1. Only Indian citizens working in Indian institutes are eligible.
2. Having M.D./ M.S./ M.D.S. or MBBS/BDS/ MVSc./ M.Sc./ M.Pharma/ M.Tech or equivalent with Ph.D. in topic related to health research.
3. Faculty having at least three experience in the institute as regular employee.
4. Person with below 45 years of age as on last date of receipt of application
5. Person should not have any fellowship of one month or above duration from any of the agency of Govt. of India / State Govt in the last three years.
6. Fellowship is scientist and area specific and cannot be transferred.
1. A consolidated stipend of Rs. 40,000/- per month for a period of stay in host institute, which is at different station from the parent Institute. In case, the training is at the same station, the rate of stipend payable will be Rs.20, 000/- per month.
2. Expenditure on travel will be as per the T.A. rules of the parent organization.
3. One time contingency grant of Rs. 30,000 (maximum) to meet the expenses of travel, local taxi charges, attending meetings etc.
4. The amount (stipend and contingency) will be placed at the disposal of the parent institute for disbursement to the fellow as per the prescribed norms and the parent institute will submit the utilization certificate for the expenditure incurred.
5. The amount released under the scheme will be kept in separate bank account by the concerned institute and a separate account of expenditure will be maintained.
6. The institute shall submit the utilization report and audited statement of accounts carried out by the statutory body of the institute.
Mode of Selection:
1. Selection of the “Fellows” will be made through a two tier system of screening. Screening based on the details provided in the prescribed applications by an Expert/ Technical Evaluation Committee at ICMR, followed by interview of short listed candidates, based on merit, by specially constituted Committee by the Secretary DHR. Candidate must route their applications through the Head of the institute agreeing to the terms and conditions.
2. The proposals duly recommended by the Screening Committee and Evaluation Committee of ICMR fulfilling technical and administrative criteria would be referred to the DHR for final approval to Approval Committee constituted by Secretary DHR.
Find more info on Next Page...
PLEASE NOTIFY THAT THIS JOB IS EXPIRED.
FIND LATEST JOBS BY CLICKING LINKS BELOW.