Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research can trace its origins to the Ecole de Medicine de Pondicherry established by the French Government in 1823. In 1956 foundation for new medical college was laid and in 1964, hospital was inaugurated. JIPMER became an institution of national importance under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India in the year 2008. It is an institution established for teaching, research and patient care in the area of health. JIPMER spreads over 192 acres.
Post : Female Project Associate - I
Applications are invited from qualified female candidates for the following post under the project titled “Preeclampsia and role of metformin in reducing its incidence and severity of complications (PROMISE Trial) – Placebo controlled Randomized Clinical Trial.” funded by the Department of Health Research, Government of India, in the Dept. of Obstetrics and Gynecology, JIPMER. The post needs to be filled purely on temporary contractual and urgent basis for a specified period of time and may be terminated earlier than expected. The selection of candidates for the post will be based on the selection committee's recommendations.
Department : Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, JIPMER
Age Criteria : Upper age limit 30 years only
Emoluments / Duration : 36,580 per month (Consolidated including 18% HRA)
Location : Women’s and Child Hospital (WCH), JIPMER, Puducherry
1. Collect information about patients admitted with preeclampsia, take their consent and recruit into the trial
2. Drug monitoring, blood sampling and storage, co-ordination of lab work, data collection, record keeping, data entry and project report writing
3. To follow up all the babies born of these mothers
4. To contact the above-mentioned people after six weeks to get information as per the proforma
5. Postnatal blood sampling of the recruited patient may be required on Sundays and holidays too
6. Executing finance and related administrative tasks of the projet
Qualifications and Experience
1. Female candidate as the job requires working closely with pregnant women
2. Masters in Public health, Social Work, any science discipline, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Nursing in Obstetrics and Gynecology or other relevant areas from a recognized University with 1 year Research experience
3. Good command of Tamil and English - Reading, speaking & writing, preferably Tamil typing
4. Experience working with medical records and quantitative research in a hospital
1. Skill in handling Microsoft office, excel, electronic data capture, emails, web conferencing, other relevant internet tools for research
2. Publications in indexed journals
3. Candidates who will be able to join on or before 15/5/2023
• Important to know Tamil to converse with the patients
• Good understanding of needs for project and job responsibilities
• Computer skills, including proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications
• Good organizational behaviour and problem-solving skills
• Well-versed in recording and maintaining data
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with participants, investigators and co-workers
Salary : Rs. 36,580 per month (Consolidated including 18% HRA), Renewal will be implemented after assessing satisfactory performance
Duration of the project : 3 Years (to be renewed every year based on performance, work ethics, sincerity, punctuality and discipline)
Selection Process : List of candidates will be shortlisted, after screening the resume followed by written test and interview (in person)/ videoconferencing. Written examination and Interview: Names of the shortlisted candidates will be displayed on JIPMER website and details regarding the conduct of written test/ interview will be notified thereon. No personal communication in this regard will be entertained nor shall we furnish return email to the shortlisted candidates. Hence the applicants are requested to follow up JIPMER website for further notifications of shortlisted candidates and results.
General Instructions & Conditions
1. No Benefit of Provident fund, Leave Travel Concession, Medical Claim etc. will be considered, since the post is purely on contract basis.
2. Appointment is for a period of 1 year till maximum of 3 years. However, the offer of appointment will be renewed every 6 months depending upon satisfactory performance, punctuality, dedication to work, sticking to timelines. Qualification and experience should be in a relevant discipline/field and from an institute of repute. Experience should have been gained after acquiring the minimum essential qualification.
3. Qualification, experience, and other terms and conditions may be relaxed/ altered at the discretion of the Principal Investigator
4. Upper age limit may be relaxed as per Govt. of India rules (five years for SC/ST and OBC candidates)
5. The above post is purely on temporary/contractual basis, co-terminus of the project & the candidate will have no right to claim for permanent employment in the Institute or continuation of his or her services in any other project of JIPMER/ ICMR/DHR.
6. In case a large number of applications are received for each post, screening will be done to limit the number of candidates to those possessing higher/relevant qualifications
7. Incomplete applications will be summarily rejected without assigning any reasons thereof
8. The candidates are advised not to bring any type of recommendations to influence their selection. Such candidates will be summarily rejected. Submission of false information during the selection process shall disqualify the candidature at any stage or found ineligible at the time of joining duty.
9. If the performance of the appointee is not found satisfactory by the investigators, the appointment can be terminated at any time without any notice or without assigning any reason.
10. The leave rules are as per ICMR guidelines, i.e one day leave for every completed one month of work
11. The appointee shall be on a whole-time appointment for this project and shall not accept any other assignment, paid or otherwise and shall not engage himself/herself in a private practice of any kind during the period of appointment.
12. The appointee may be relieved from the current job position with one-month prior notice, failing to do so may be held responsible for paying one month’s salary.
13. Decision of the Principal Investigator will be final.
14. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview to shortlisted candidates.
15. Hostel facilities will not be allowed to the selected candidate.
16. The applicants are requested to e-mail the scanned copy of their 2-page CV, qualification certificates and scanned filled-in application form as per Annexure-1 as a single document to the email firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 6/05/2023 with subject line mentioning, “Application for the post of Project Associate DHR-ICMR funded multicentric PROMISE trial”. Valid email id and mobile number is compulsory. There is no need to send the hard copies of application form. Names of the shortlisted candidates will be published on JIPMER website by 8/05/2023. Eligible candidates are expected to appear for written test and interview scheduled on 11/05/2023 ,10 AM-12 PM at Skills Lab, First Floor, Womens and Child Hospital, JIPMER. Results will be published on JIPMER website by 13/05/2023 and expected date of joining is as early as possible.
17. Canvassing in any form will lead to disqualification.
18. At the time of the interview, candidates are required to bring the hard copies of their 2-page CV and filled- in application form as per Annexure-1, along with self-attested copies of testimonials with original certificates for verification.
● Certificate in support of age (Tenth equivalent/High School Certificate)
● Experience Certificate
● Caste certificate (If any)
● Prize/awards (if any)
Address for Correspondence :
Principal Investigator, DHR-ICMR funded multicentric PROMISE Trial
Associate Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology,
JIPMER, Puducherry- 605 006
See All Other Jobs in our Database