IAVI IS A NONPROFIT SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH ORGANIZATION DEDICATED TO ADDRESSING URGENT, UNMET GLOBAL HEALTH CHALLENGES INCLUDING HIV AND TUBERCULOSIS. OUR MISSION IS TO TRANSLATE SCIENTIFIC DISCOVERIES INTO AFFORDABLE, GLOBALLY ACCESSIBLE PUBLIC HEALTH SOLUTIONS.
Post : Deputy Regional Director
Regional Strategy and program delivery, including Product Development
• Assist the Regional Director in developing and implementing the regional strategy in HIV, and other emerging infectious and neglected diseases. Ensure that all activities are strategically aligned with IAVI’s strategy and key priorities;
• Lead the development and execution of key activities and partnerships in immunoprofiling that will enable and accelerate IAVI’s strategic priorities. In close collaboration with other departments at IAVI.
• Identify regional-specific immunology product development needs and requirements to inform global iDP (integrated Development plans)
• Support the Regional Director in maintaining relationships with external scientific societies, Advisory Boards, professional associations, centers of excellence and KOLs in areas of scientific interest;
• Maintain an integrated and up-to-date regional technology landscape in key priorities areas for IAVI. Conduct benchmarking and strategic assessments to support portfolio and product development decisions. Identify opportunities for potential new technologies and platforms that will support IAVI as a future leader; and
• Ability to predict broad-based changes in business partner environment and translate them into functional strategies.
Oversight of Operations
• Oversee all aspects of administration and operations in India and staff in operations, including HR, Budget/Finance, Compliance, Logistics, and Procurement. Ensure compliance with Indian laws and organizational policies and procedures;
• Develop and implement annual work plans and budgets; and oversee annual work-planning and budgeting processes (organizational and donor specific). Support the RD to ensure that field staff adhere to plans and monitor results against expected outcomes and indicators on 4 quarterly basis;
• Ensure that the resources are deployed effectively, including monitoring budgets, cash flows and personnel resources;
• Work with relevant HQ/global teams and facilitate quality reports in a timely manner;
• Manage individual and team performance, and implement change initiatives as necessary;
• Help build a regional resource mobilization program, including managing grant writing processes and pursuing new funding opportunities;
• Ensure regional and sub-awardee compliance with donor (including USAID) and organizational rules and regulations.
Project and Stakeholder Management
• Support the Regional Director in the overall delivery of the programs and working with internal and external stakeholders;
• Plan resource allocation and take lead in the project management of multiple, multi-year research projects;
• Monitor program delivery and attain project effectiveness with scientific rigor and documentation. Remedy any delays in execution of program; including writing and/or reviewing project materials and publications;
• Lead in the development and negotiation of research plans with external collaborators in academia or contract research organizations, using scientific, financial and market research data,
• Ensure transparency and accountability in reporting processes from the project team to the sub-awardees;
Perform any other duties as assigned by the Regional Director.
• MD, or MD/PhD, ScD or D.Ph. with at least 10-15 years combination of academic training and practical experience in immunoprofiling in a product development environment;
• Strong working knowledge of cellular and molecular immunology as it applies to HIV, TB and other emerging infectious diseases;
• Extensive human immunology knowledge is highly desirable;
• In-depth understanding of India-based HIV epidemics and the HIV response is desirable;
• Record of high-quality, peer-reviewed research publications is desirable;
• Deep knowledge of pharmaceutical industry dynamics and trends including a good understanding of the life cycle of a brand from cross-functional perspectives (e.g. R&D, marketing and access);
• Solid track record of implementing large, complex, multi-partner, multi-year international health sector development projects;
• Solid track record of senior-level management experience and demonstrable leadership and adaptive management skills;
• Ability to work well within a fast-paced, global business-driven environment with diverse cultures;
• Experience in hiring and supervising personnel and ensuring they acquire the necessary training and skills to meet evolving project needs; demonstrable ability to effectively coach, mentor and develop staff;
• Excellent diplomacy skills and a proven ability to establish and maintain interpersonal and professional relationships with partners, host country government and other key stakeholders;
• Self-motivated with the ability to work independently balancing priorities and ability to set priorities through careful planning for self and the team;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, and attention to details.
• Work Environment and Physical Demands:
• The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Mobility to perform the essential functions of the position
• Hearing and speech sufficient to verbally communicate in person and on the telephone constantly (66-100%)
• Typical office environment
• Occasional travel off-site for team meetings with collaborators, as needed (up to 20%)
• Ability to travel to IAVI offices in New York
Experience : 5+ years
Qualification : MD, or MD/PhD, ScD or D.Ph
Location : New Delhi
Industry Type : Pharma
Last date : 30th April, 2020
See All Other Jobs in our Database