Work as Materials Regulatory Specialist at SMC Ltd
SMC’s exclusive focus in healthcare markets, combined with 30 years’ experience, provides expert knowledge for your finished device. As a contract manufacturer, we provide full service solutions for single use and single patient devices across a range of high volume to low volume needs. Globally located, all manufacturing sites are FDA registered.
Post : Materials Regulatory Specialist
Position Scope & Purpose
The Materials Regulatory Specialist will be responsible for developing, researching, and compiling documentation to assure raw materials and products are compliant with regulatory standards related to material and substances.
Key Accountabilities/Essential Functions
1. Will work to ensure Material Compliance to a variety of requirements including, but not limited to, RoHS, REACH, and Conflict Minerals
2. Will work closely with the Supply Base for the creation and transmittal of technical data
3. Review material analyses, material classifications, and reporting to relevant requirements
4. Develop and maintain a database to store documentation related to materials compliance
Other Position Duties
1. Work closely with Management, Customers, Suppliers and others to provide appropriate material and supplier information.
2. Works with the Supply Base to facilitate RoHS, REACH or other material certification of purchased components.
3. Works with customers, if requested, to provide documentation as needed for compliance to current RoHS, REACH, and Conflict Minerals directives.
4. Interact with vendors and manufacturers of components to obtain compliance documentation.
5. Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Materials Management, Business Administration, Engineering or a related field/ Any degree – prefer B.Sc. / B. Pharm / BE / B. Tech ; A minimum of 5 years’ experience in sourcing or materials
Technical/Functional Skill Sets
1. Knowledge of procurement and materials management principles and practices
2. Possesses ability to read and interpret Bill of Materials (BOMs).
3. Familiarity with RoHS, REACH and Conflict Mineral is highly desired.
4. Experience with BOMcheck or equivalent tools preferable but not required.
5. Familiarity with various types of materials(i.e..resins,metals,electronic components) is desired
6. Experience working in IQMS and Microsoft reporting applications
Experience : 5 year
Qualification : B.Sc. / B. Pharm / BE / B. Tech
Location : Bangalore, Karnataka
Industry Type : Pharma/ Healthcare/ Clinical research
Functional Area : Materials Regulatory
End Date : 25th May, 2019
See All Other Jobs in our Database