Vacancy for R&D Chemist at Clariant
Clariant is a globally leading specialty chemicals company, based in Muttenz near Basel/Switzerland. On 31 December 2015 the company employed a total workforce of 17 213. In the financial year 2015, Clariant recorded sales of CHF 5.807 billion for its continuing businesses. The company reports in four business areas: Care Chemicals, Catalysis, Natural Resources, and Plastics & Coatings. Clariant's corporate strategy is based on five pillars: increase profitability, reposition portfolio, add value with sustainability, foster innovation and R&D, and intensify growth.
Post : R&D Chemist
* Synthesis of organic intermediate, dyes & pigments (azo chemistry and heterocycles), analysis and documentation of laboratory experiments.
* Support scale up activities & transfer the technology to production of newly developed products.
* Literature search on assigned projects and new scouting ideas.
* Follow safe working practices in the laboratory as per safety standards.
* Maintain lab documentation for internal & external audits
* Manage laboratory consumables and equipment
Candidate Profile :
* M.Sc in Organic Chemistry with 3 to 5 years in industrial research & development work.
* Experience in synthesis and characterization of organic molecules preferred
* Organic molecule synthesis; hands-on experience in organic reactions, development & execution of target molecule synthesis
* Research & process development of intermediates/chemicals/colorants and its application in paints, coatings, home care & inks etc.
* Acquainted with common synthetic and purification process like e.g. distillation, recrystallization and chromatography.
* Knowledgeable with various analytical techniques & should able to interpret the data from the spectroscopy studies.
* Excellent English communications skills written and verbal
* Consistently excellent academic record. Minimum first class from SSC onwards.
* Good team player and adapt to changes in project requirements.
* Computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Experience : 3-5 Years
Qualification : M.Sc in Chemistry
Location : Airoli, Maharashtra
Industry Type: Pharma/ Healthcare/ Clinical research
Functional Area: R&D
End Date: 10th Feb., 2017
See All Other Jobs in our database