Recruitment for Executive Director at NHSRC | Remuneration upto Rs. 1,95,000/- pm
National Health Systems Resource Centre (NHSRC) has been set up under the National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) of Government of India to serve as an apex body for technical assistance. Established in 2007, the National Health Systems Resource Centre's mandate is to assist in policy and strategy development in the provision and mobilisation of technical assistance to the states and in capacity building for the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) at the centre and in the states. The goal of this institution is to improve health outcomes by facilitating governance reform, health systems innovations and improved information sharing among all stake holders at the national, state, district and sub-district levels through specific capacity development and convergence models.
Post: Executive Director
Role and Responsibilities:
The Executive Director will be over-all-in-charge of the NHSRC including co-ordination of technical inputs from other experts of the NHSRC and co-ordination with all the States/UT’s and the Programme Divisions of MoHFW. She/He will:
1. As ‘Member Secretary’ of the Society registered as NHSRC, be responsible for looking after all the business of the Society.
2. Lead the team to undertake situational analyses of different components of health sector and different health programmes with complete involvement of states / UT’s and contribute evidence to policy making.
3. Guide the preparation of policy proposals for organizational capacity building and reform at the State, District and Sub-District levels, institutionalization of integrated planning and management, strengthening and streamlining of financial management systems, strengthening and streamlining of procurement and logistics,standardization of norms (services, staffing and infrastructure) at the primary and secondary levels, strengthening and streamlining of Health Management Information System (HMIS) and M&E
4. Lead and guide senior advisors and consultants to assist the States in development of social mobilization campaign for community involvement and Behaviour Change Communication (BCC) strategy.
5. Lead & facilitate development of the institutional mechanisms for local planning and community processes, including training and orientation of PRIs and other local government structures, community health volunteers, village committees etc.
6. Lead NHSRC to analyse the skill requirements for public health programmes and strengthened health systems indifferent states and create framework for capacity building for Health Human Resource Development in Central and State Governments.
7. Develop NHSRC capacities to
I. anticipate, plan and develop strategies and engineer sector reforms in all their diversity and complexity.
II. provide technical support to states to establish SHSRC and build the capacity of existing SHSRCs
8. Help mobilize technical assistance for states including the preparation of Terms and Reference, inviting proposals / applications and facilitating recruitment/ selection etc.
9. Ensure excellence in programme management and evaluation, including financial management programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent and high quality of finance and administration, recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals
10. Actively engage and energize Council members, sub-committees, partner organizations, and others
11. Develop, maintain, and support a strong Governing Body: serve ex-officio onallcommittees, seek and build GB involvement with strategic direction for operations
12. Lead, coach, develop, and retain a high-performance senior management team
13. Ensure effective systems to track scaling progress, and regularly evaluate program components, so as to measure success that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents
14. Ensure that the organization has a long-range strategy which achieves its mission, and towards which it makes consistent and timely progress.
15. Maintain official records and documents, and ensure compliance with government regulations
16. Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the field.
17. Undertake such other assignment, which may be assigned by from time to time by the GB/EC of NHSRC and by MoHFW.
Eligibility and Experience:
• Post Graduate Medical or Public Health Qualification or MBA from an institution of repute with specialization in Health Management / Public Health Management / General Management /Masters in Social & other Sciences / Public Policy / Public Administration with a minimum of 20 years of post-qualification work experience of which at least 10 years is in an area of public health or health systems strengthening, preferably in a leadership position.
• Excellent communication, writing & presentation skills, analytical and interpersonal abilities, fluency in English and atleast one other Indian language.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment and also taking initiative.
• Capacity to effectively co-ordinate and partner with different levels within Central andState Governments, academic and research institutions, civil society & other stakeholders for the implementation of public health programmes.
Get more info on next page...