The Institute of Chemical Technology (ICT) Mumbai was established as the Department of Chemical Technology on 1st October 1933 by the University of Mumbai, through active support of industries and philanthropists. The Institute was most popularly known as UDCT, Mumbai. Research has been an integral part of ICT since its inception and it has created over 500 first generation entrepreneurs. The UDCT grew significantly in stature and was granted autonomy under UGC regulations by the University of Mumbai and further converted into an Institute on 26th January 2002. Under the World Bank TEQIP programme, the Maharashtra government granted it full autonomy in June 2004. Due to the recommendations of the Government of Maharashtra and the University of Mumbai, the ICT was granted Deemed University Status by the MHRD on 12th September 2008, with all provisions of the UGC for funding and support as the state-owned deemed university.
Applications are invited for the post of one Junior research fellow (JRF) and two Senior research fellow (SRF).