AICTE SPONSORED TWO WEEKS STAFF DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME ON "RECENT ADVANCES IN DRUG DELIVERY & TECHNOLOGY" - No Charge for ALL
ABOUT GANPAT UNIVERSITY
A splendid, unique and excellent multi-professional education campus promoted by Mehsana District Education Foundation called Ganpat Vidyanagar has now become Ganpat University vide Gujarat Govt, notification dated 11th April 2005 and is recognized under section 2(f) of UGC Act. The University is a member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi. The university, having all state-of-art academic infrastructure & accommodation facilities offers diversified, undergraduate and post graduate programs in technical and professional disciplines. The university is located on a sprawling 300 acres lush green hi-tech campus of 'Ganpat Vidyanagar'.
S. K. Patel College of Pharmaceutical Education and Research was established in the year 1996 as the first self financed pharmacy college in the North Gujarat Region to impart degree Pharmacy course. At present college offering B. Pharm., M. Pharm. (in 7 disciplines), and PhD courses. The Pharmacy College is spread over 5 acres of land. The college have two separate building for I G and PG courses with total build up area of 9272 sq. meter & 6651 sq. meter, respectively. The college building includes spacious and well equipped laboratories, classrooms, well furnished library, seminar hall, auditorium, and administrative area.
The college is approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AJCTE) and Pharmacy Council of India (PCI). It is a constituent college of Ganpat University. The college is an institutional member of Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE). The head-office of the Indian Pharmaceutical Association (IPA) Mehsana Branch is also located at the college. The college has achieved the distinction of being FIRST ACCREDITED PHARMACY COLLEGE in the Gujarat state.
The institute has been successful in maintaining a high level of academic and research activities and conducting collaborative/ sponsored research projects for various international and national statutory bodies, universities, research organizations and industries. The institute offers research and consultancy services in different areas like formulation & development, toxicology, analytical method development, standardization of herbal drugs, etc. The institute organizes workshops and seminars for faculty, community pharmacist and to the society as well as professional organizations at regular intervals.
- To focus on recent trends and advances in the field of drug delivery systems and technology.
- To familiarize the participants with fundamentals of novel & conventional drug delivery systems useful in research work.
- To give demonstration on formulating some novel and conventional drug delivery systems in the laboratories of the institutes.
- Major areas of design and development of novel and conventional drug delivery systems like oral controlled and sustained release drug delivery systems, topical & transdermal drug delivery systems, vesicular and particulate drug delivery systems, targeted drug delivery systems,, implants, etc.
- Carriers and additives used in drug delivery.
- Practical demonstration of Formulation & evaluation of some novel and conventional drug delivery systems.
- Clinical benefits and limitations of drug delivery and technology
- Regulatory status and industrial interest of these drug delivery systems and technology in different countries.
- Visit to pharma companies