The United States Pharmacopeia (USP) is a non–governmental, official public standards–setting authority for prescription and over–the–counter medicines and other healthcare products manufactured or sold in the United States. USP also sets widely recognized standards for food ingredients and dietary supplements. USP sets standards for the quality, purity, strength, and consistency of these products–critical to the public health. USP's standards are recognized and used in more than 130 countries around the globe. These standards have helped to ensure public health throughout the world for close to 200 years.
Post: Scientist II - Cell Biology / Immunology
This is a hands-on, non-supervisory position in USP-India’s Bioanalytical & Microbiology Laboratory. In this role, the Scientist delivers sustained contributions that result in innovative product and process technologies for USP. The Scientist will contribute to the scientific experience and work ethic of the laboratory through a broad range of technical knowledge. A Scientist has mastered some of the common techniques in the laboratory, and is able to contribute their own observations and input to projects. The Scientist at this level may execute 80% - 100% of their work at the bench level.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Assists the group leader in implementing and evaluating laboratory procedures and systems.
• Demonstrates strong skill in laboratory methods in the areas of bioassays and immunoassays.
• Reviews, and evaluates scientific literature in appropriate area of biopharmaceutical analysis.
• Drafts project testing plans and project reports for review.
• Investigates, evaluates and recommends the purchase of laboratory equipment.
• Troubleshoots instrumentation within the area of expertise.
• Recommends improvements to methods and processes.
• Actively engages overall project and ensures own work in aligned with overarching goals.
• Performs peer review of data as needed.
• Executes all testing / analysis, and records experimental data, ensuring clear and accurate transcription of results and calculations.
• Routinely applies personal experience, academic training, and technical insights to solve complex problems in the laboratory.
• Attends group and project meetings.
• Demonstrates a strong desire to continue learning and grow personal capability.
• Pursues, recommends and implements new approaches or processes to improve laboratory operations.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Master’s degree with a minimum of 3years of relevant laboratory experience. Laboratory experience must include cell culture techniques, bioassay methods and immunological techniques (ELISA). The candidate should also be able to perform protein analysis methods such as concentration determination (colorimetric and fluorescent based) and gel electrophoreses. Working knowledge of common analytical methods and procedures, calibrating and operating analytical instruments, such as spectrophotometers, microtiter plate readers and pipettes is required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Experience in nucleic acid analysis such as PCR and DNA anlaysis, and flow cyctometric analysis highly desirable. Experience in an IAO/cGMP environment,and qualification of bioassay and immunoassay methodsis highly desirable. Good understanding of chromatographic analyses, as well as other general analytical chemistry principles. The candidate must take personal responsibility to ensure work is delivered on time and is the highest possible quality. Ability to anticipate, troubleshoot, and solve technical problems. Strong communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written, and experience in working in the pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology industry strongly preferred.
Bioanalytical & Microbiology Lab
Experience: 3-5 years
Education: M.Pharm, M.Sc
Industry Type: Pharma/ Healthcare/ Clinical research
Functional Area: R&D
Email your resume to, email@example.com
See All Other Jobs in our Database