The University of Worcester invites Senior Research Fellow: Dementia Studies
The University of Worcester is the second fastest growing HEI in the UK. It is a progressive, friendly institution, which currently welcomes over 8,500 full time and part time students a year; however, planned growth over the next five years will take the University closer to 12,000 students. It offers excellent courses with flexible study options, and as the only University in Herefordshire and Worcestershire, it enjoys strong vocational links with the business, creative, education, health and social care communities.
Post: Senior Research Fellow: Dementia Studies
We are seeking an experienced and inspiring Senior Research Fellow to be a key player in the development of the knowledge transfer portfolio of the newly established Association of Dementia Studies. We require an individual who has demonstrated that they can enthuse and work in partnership with health and social care providers to radically improve services for people living with dementia. In particular, the post-holder is expected to take a leading role in developing the University of Worcester Association for Dementia Studies.
1. To work collaboratively with and advise the Director on the vision and business plan for the Association for Dementia Studies;
2. To deputise for the Director as appropriate;
3. Actively engage in scholarship, research and professional / academic publication to ensure a growing evidence base within dementia studies;
4. To work with health and care organisations in their development of plans for implementing person centred care through applied research, consultancy, training and follow-up;
5. Develop strong income streams related to research, consultancy, education, and training activities;
6. To develop new practice development products in collaboration with colleagues in the Association for Dementia Studies;
7. Contribute specialist expertise to undergraduate and postgraduate teaching;
8. Develop strong working partnership with relevant local and national bodies;
9. Accept responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of vulnerable adults;
10. Participate fully in the life of the Institute and University, and carry out any other reasonable duties as requested by the Head of Institute or her/his nominee;
*Maintain personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job; participate in appropriate training activities and encourage and support staff in their development and training.
*Take steps to ensure and enhance personal health, safety and well being and that of other staff and students.
*Carry out these duties in a manner that promotes equality of opportunity and supports diversity and inclusion, and takes into account the University's commitment to environmentally sustainable ways of working.
Please provide evidence of how you meet each of the essential criteria.
1. First degree in appropriate subject
2. Evidence of research activity and delivery in the field of dementia care and support.
3. Evidence of research grant writing and capture commensurate with career stage.
4. Proven track record of partnership workingwith a range of health and social care providers in improving the quality of person centred dementia care practice.
5. Evidence of conference presentations, publication and/or scholarly activity consistent with career stage.
6. In-depth knowledge of dementia care and relevant policy initiatives.
7. Experience of working with carers and older people with dementia and other mental health problems in the research.
8. Excellent written and oral skills.
9. Effective team-working and inter-personal skills.
10. Evidence of on-going CPD
1. Higher degree
2. Teaching qualification or HEA membership.
3. Professional health or social care qualification or experience of working within health and social care.
Reference number: IHS1104-446
Closing Date: 14/04/2011
Salary: Band 8: £34,746 - £44,015 pa, with opportunity to progress to £48,096 pa
Department: Health and Society: Association for Dementia Studies
Hours: Full time
Responsible to: Director of the Association for Dementia Studies
Interview date: Thursday 5th May 2011
See All Other Jobs in our Database
PLEASE NOTIFY THAT THIS JOB IS EXPIRED.
FIND LATEST JOBS BY CLICKING LINKS BELOW.