Indian Institute of Science Education and Research opens for Scientist D – 2 posts
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Pune, is a premier autonomous Institution established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, for promotion of high quality science education and research in the country.
The Institute invites applications from Indian nationals having excellent academic record and relevant work experience for the following positions under the project “Centre of Excellence on Epigenetics (IISER, Pune)” funded by the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India:
Post Scientist D – 2 posts (Un-reserved)
The incumbent scientist is expected to develop his or her own research projects along the theme of the Centre of Excellence in Epigenetics and also work along with the team of senior scientists in the various scientific research projects at the Centre. The candidate would be expected to establish a competitive and independent research program in 3-4 years.
Pay Scale Pay Band – 3 (Rs. 15,600-39,100) + Grade Pay Rs. 7,600/- (likely to be revised) + Admissible allowances
Qualification PhD in Life Sciences/ Physics/ Chemistry/ Computational Biology;
Experience Minimum 3 year research experience after PhD preferably in Government / University / Autonomous Research or Academic Institution. The research experience should be in the field of modern biology including but not restricted to cell biology or developmental biology.
Candidate should have published at least three first author research articles in peer reviewed scientific journals.
Desirable Research experience in any of the following areas or combinations thereof: epigenetic regulation, histone PTM analysis, developmental biology, ChIP-seq and transcriptome analysis, microRNA regulation, transcription regulation, chromatin architecture, long-range regulation, stem cell development and differentiation. Working experience with mouse or Zebrafish or Drosophila or C. elegans models.
General Information / details about the posts
1) The above posts are as per the pay and allowances admissible to the government employees posted at Pune and tenure of the post will be for the maximum period of 5 years only. At end of this period the performance of the selected candidate may be assessed for appointment as a regular faculty of IISER.
2) The post is covered under New Pension Scheme of Govt. of India and incumbent will be eligible for other benefits like Medical, LTC, Children Education allowance etc. as per the rules of the Funding Agency / Institute particularly applicable to this project.
3) The qualification prescribed should have been obtained from recognized Universities/
Institutions. Relaxation in educational qualification and / or experience will be considered in case of exceptionally meritorious applicants with prior approval of the Competent Authority.
4) Age relaxation will be considered in case of SC/ST/OBC/Physical handicapped and Exservicemen applicants as applicable. The age criteria may be relaxed commensurate with relevant work experience with the approval of the Competent Authority.
5) Applicants working in Govt. organization/Public sector undertaking/ Govt. funded research agencies should forward their application through proper channel. Pay of such incumbent will be protected as per Govt. of India rules.
6) The prescribed essential qualifications/experience indicated are bare minimum and mere possessions of same will not entitle the applicants to be called for interview. Where number of applications received in response to an advertisement is large, it may not be convenient or possible for the Institute to interview all the applicants. The Institute may restrict the number of applicants to be called for selection process to a reasonable limit, on the basis of qualifications and experience higher than that of the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. The applicants should, therefore, furnish details of all the qualifications and experience possessed in the relevant field, over and above the minimum qualifications / experience prescribed along with attested photocopies of marks sheets / certificates.
7) Canvassing in any form and / or bringing any influence, political, or otherwise, will be treated as a disqualification for the post applied for.
8) Application not in the prescribed format, incomplete in any respect and not accompanied by relevant certificates / documents / photograph will be summarily rejected.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants may apply in the prescribed application format available under this advertisement. The completed application in the prescribed format and copies of relevant certificates and other testimonials in support of age, qualification, experience etc. should be sent in a closed envelope superscribing “Application for the post of “Scientist D” to The Registrar, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Central Tower, Sai Trinity Building, Sutarwadi Road, Pashan, Pune 411 021. Soft copies of the complete application should also be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Advt. No. 06/2011 : IISER-P/Rect/10_03_2011
See All Other Jobs in our Database
PLEASE NOTIFY THAT THIS JOB IS EXPIRED.
FIND LATEST JOBS BY CLICKING LINKS BELOW.