Post for Scientist & Associate Scientist in Hilleman Laboratories
MSD Wellcome Trust Hilleman Laboratories (the Hilleman Labs), is a joint venture between Merck & Co., Inc. (which operates in India as MSD Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd.) and the Wellcome Trust (which is a UK based research charity). The joint venture marks a first of its kind research entity which is created by a partnership between a research charity and a pharmaceutical company. The Wellcome Trust’s strong track record in biomedical research and global health combined with Merck’s expertise in the development and delivery of vaccines positions the Hilleman Laboratories to make a real and sustained difference. This unique partnership integrates the best of both to drive the investments and expertise needed to develop and deliver vaccines.
The Hilleman Laboratories are based in NCR, India. The Hilleman Labs is registered as SCS Pharma. The Hilleman laboratories over the next 2 years plans to have a staff of approximately 40 scientists fully engaged in R&D of vaccines.
Post: Scientist, Associate Scientist
• We seek scientists with experience in manufacturing and testing of vaccines for our organization based in the NCR region. Individual should have experience in various vaccine related areas such as bacterial/viral vaccine process development, GMP/GLP manufacturing and analytical evaluation. The individual needs to have both knowledge and working experience of the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures in biologics.
• Work in a team-based environment, and work on evaluation of various candidate vaccines. Individual is expected to work in laboratory, generate and follow lab protocols, and generate project reports. In addition, he/she will be involved with writing of documents such as study protocols and reports, batch manufacturing records, development reports and validation related documents.
• Should have ability to perform retrospective trend analysis of the critical process parameters to identify short, intermediate, and long-term trends, and identify potential issues.
• Will serve as a team member to develop a candidate vaccine for early-clinical evaluation stage. He/ She should have a strong scientific background, a graduate degree in biotechnology/microbiology/related field, and at least 3 years of relevant industrial experience.
• The work entails generation of the antigen, development of suitable formulations, and development of delivery systems for the candidate vaccine. Result oriented individual, with ability to work in cross-functional teams, and achieve objectives in a timely manner that meets and/or exceeds customer expectations.
• Applicant should the ability to work under minimal supervision, and ability to think with originality.
• The job may require work in various shifts. Some job-related travel is expected.
Experience: 3-10 years
Education: Post-graduation in Biochemistry / Microbiology / Biochemical Engineering, M.Pharm
Industry Type: Pharma/ Healthcare/ Clinical research
Functional Area: R&D
End Date: 17th July, 2011
PLEASE NOTIFY THAT THIS JOB IS EXPIRED.
FIND LATEST JOBS BY CLICKING LINKS BELOW.