DAWA Limited, formerly known as DAWA Pharmaceuticals, which was acquired by Medisel (K) Ltd in August 2004, started its operations in 1977. Since the acquisition it has undergone a major face-lift in manufacturing facilities with the focus being on the quality control department.
At DAWA Limited, we have the capacity to manufacture a wide range of Oral, Topical and Injectable dosage forms. The range includes over 200 products including penicillins, antimalarials including ACTs (Artemisinin), antihistamines, antihypertensives, anti-cough, hospital disinfectants etc. We currently export to almost all the countries in the COMESA region and have a strong work force of more than 200 employees.
Post: Technical Director
1. Lead the technical aspects in NPD development.
2. Lead the technical aspects in margin improvements and cost reductions programs in formulations, manpower, machinery usage (including electricity and energy optimization), working capital and finance.
3. Lead the technical aspects in the factory lay-outing and flow of materials, manpower and finished goods.
4. Oversee improvements to overall production processes including optimize mix of manpower, machineries, finance and working capital.
5. Be aware of Kenyan and our other markets current and future (Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, Malawi, Zambia, Congo, Sudan) regularatory environment.
6. Manage all factory, QA and QC and micro lab resources and personnel and ensure that DAWA complies good manufacturing practices always.
7. 100% involved in (and advice) executing future development and future fixed asset investment projects from the design stage, procurement and negotiation stage through to the commissioning stage.
8. Set up a R&D function in the company to guide the NPD driving future business growth and profitability.
9. Remain current in pharmaceutical development and process technology.
10. Maintain a strong working knowledge of market products (and overall competition) and identify the gaps DAWA has and ensure effective transition from current practices to any new model.
11. Advice the company on sourcing & procurement.
12. Advice the company on new technologies.
13. Advice the company on API and other RM source changes.
Experience: min. 5 Year
Education: B.Pharm, B.Sc, M.Pharm, M.Sc, MBA
Industry Type: Pharma/ Biotech/Clinical Research
Functional Area: other
End Date: 27th July, 2011
Mail your resume to, firstname.lastname@example.org
See All Other Jobs in our Database
We also recommend you to visit Security guidelines