Vacancy for Director - Therapeutic Protein & Microbiology in United States Pharmacopeia
The United States Pharmacopeia (USP) is a non–governmental, official public standards–setting authority for prescription and over–the–counter medicines and other healthcare products manufactured or sold in the United States. USP also sets widely recognized standards for food ingredients and dietary supplements. USP sets standards for the quality, purity, strength, and consistency of these products–critical to the public health. USP's standards are recognized and used in more than 130 countries around the globe. These standards have helped to ensure public health throughout the world for close to 200 years.
Post: Director - Therapeutic Protein & Microbiology
Function of the Position:
This is a supervisory management position in which the incumbent applies scientific principles and practical laboratory experience to manage the Therapeutic Protein Group & Microbiology Laboratory and staff of the Biologics and Biotechnology Division of USP-India. Oversees daily operation of the laboratory and interactions with other USP departments, lead and manage the Protein and Microbiology Group to promote good quality therapeutic products globally.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Responsible to ensure that lab adheres to USP’s mission, goals and objectives.
- Direct and conduct research in Bioanalytical and Bioassay relevant to public standards in the areas of Therapeutic proteins
- Proposes annual budgets, projects resources, capital and personnel needs for the Therapeutic Protein and Microbiology Groups
- Assist in the USP-MC activities for Monograph and Reference Standard development in the area of Therapeutic Proteins
- Coordinate different collaborative projects, training projects in the area of Therapeutic proteins and Microbiology both at National and International Level
- Assist VP in planning, implementing and evaluating laboratory procedures/systems
- Reviews data and edit reports from Therapeutic Protein and Microbiology groups
- Assist VP in expansion plan with proper recommendations
- Supervise staff as assigned. Performs supervisory duties such as performance reviews, objective setting, staff development, and career counseling
- Responsible for preparation/review and implementation of SOPs, Protocols etc.
- Participates in USP cross-functional teams as appropriate.
- Supports and helps improve the USP-India quality management system.
- Demonstrates a strong desire to continue learning and grow personal capability.
- Pursues, recommends and implements new approaches or processes to improve Group’s operations
Performs other related duties as required
Ph.D. in Biotechnology, biochemistry, microbiology or related field with not less than 10 years of relevant experience, including demonstrated laboratory experience.
For More Info Go to Next Page...
PLEASE NOTIFY THAT THIS JOB IS EXPIRED.
FIND LATEST JOBS BY CLICKING LINKS BELOW.