Vacancy in Data Operations (Clinical DataManagement & Clinical Programming) at Parexel
PAREXEL has supported the Bio-Tech and Pharmaceutical industries in helping the development of new drugs and treatments on a global basis. As a leading global biopharmaceutical service provider, they supply knowledge-based contract research, medical communications and consulting services across a broad range of therapeutic areas to the worldwide pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries. They have helped over 800 clients to develop and launch some of the most important drugs and devices of our time-helping people live better and healthier lives everywhere in the world. Headquartered near Boston, Massachusetts, PAREXEL operates in more than 50 countries around the world.
Post: Director, Data Operations (Clinical DataManagement & Clinical Programming)
The Director is responsible to lead, manage and support the Data Operations department locally to ensure the respective functional groups¿global strategies and processes are adhered to. To ensure that PAREXEL delivers quality projects to its clients within the agreed timelines and achieves agreed revenue margins within site. Guide and mentor staff to promote career development and compliance to management processes within the department and to be aligned to the functional strategy for Global Technical Services, Data Processing and Biostatistics. The Director is responsible to ensure client projects are resourced with suitably developed professionals and to ensure appropriate retention plans are in place to develop and retain these professionals within PAREXEL. Provide overall direction to promote new business in the areas of proposal development & management, input into pricing, project management, personnel management and training and participate in client meetings and presentations; in addition to conduct a client relationship management role as required. The Director is responsible to provide expertise and consultation to project teams and is an experienced leader responsible for liaising with senior levels or functional management within the organization to continuously assess and improve operational project delivery. To contribute to the development of global strategies and processes
- Lead the management team to ensure that resources (processes, procedures, personnel etc) optimally support the business requirements of the function.
- Ensure strategies set at the global functional level are adhered to and implemented effectively.
- Ensure that the department has a well-organized infrastructure and adequate resources to enable projects to be completed on time and within budget.
- Provide accurate forecasting figures for the annual budgeting process and manage throughout the year to ensure that the budgetary goals are met or exceeded.
- Provide expertise and consultation, facilitate metrics collection and develop action plans in conjunction with Project Leader/Lead to keep projects on time and within budget.
- Drive team members to improve their efficiency and effectiveness at prioritizing work and improving performance evidenced by the work produced, client feedback, audit results and QC measures.
- Work with the appropriate global functional head to ensure agreed levels of productivity/billability and staff turnover are maintained.
- May be responsible to coordinate client or account activities for department or function; and perform a client relationship management role.
- Participate in and contribute to project bids, including client presentations. Work with the appropriate global functional head to provide on-going support to Portfolio Management and Business Development groups.
- Ensure percentage of travel and billability guidelines for department, region or function, are met where appropriate.
- Act as executive oversight of a large project where applicable.
- Act as the client contact for local business when required.
- Follow up site metrics, drive team members to meet site goals.
- Ensure management team check quality of department deliverables (e.g., site visits, Central File documentation) and take appropriate remedial action.
- Ensure departmental or functional training plans in place and appropriate.
- Revise, implement and monitor departmental compliance with SOPs.
- Ensure implementation of process improvements in response to client and team feedback and quality audits.
- Participate in committees, task force groups as needed, locally, regionally and globally.
- Look within and beyond CRS to encourage teamwork, quality and productivity efforts to the benefit of CRS and PAREXEL.
- Work with senior departmental and functional management in developing managers and ensuring a talented pipeline of management staff within the department or function.
- Performs a leadership role in ensuring managers and staff are communicating and coordinating efforts to provide superior line management services to staff.
- Demonstrate excellent leadership skills within department, function or location. This includes taking an active role in departmental, functional or location activities (e.g., management meetings), ensuring employees adhere to corporate policies and following up with management as appropriate.
- Train and mentor new managers.
- Undertake the full range of duties relevant to the leadership, management and development of the team to ensure their performance meets and or exceeds both the business and their own personal goals/objectives.
- Maintain a positive, results orientated work environment, building partnerships and modeling teamwork, communicating to the team in an open, balanced and objective manner.
- Participate in formal staff review processes e.g. performance and salary reviews to corporate standards and timescales.
- Maintain a working knowledge of, and assure compliance with, applicable ICH Guidelines, Good Clinical Practices, Regulatory Agency requirements, and PAREXEL WSOPs.
- Participate in departmental meetings and training initiatives, project team meetings, and maintain relationships with other departments, clients, and regulatory agencies as necessary.
- Identify potential global process improvement opportunities.
- Participate in PXL and department system/standards improvement activities.
- Support efforts for generating business leads (client networking, public speaking, etc.) together with the appropriate global functional head.
- Departmental or Project tasks as assigned.
- Travel as needed.
- Advanced ability to manage and motivate direct reports.
- Advanced ability to successfully manage a full workload across multiple-projects.
- Demonstrated strength in managing Managers and leading diverse teams.
- Outstanding negotiation and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills (including experience in making presentations at conferences, meetings, training sessions).
- Demonstrable experience of stakeholder/relationship management with a client focused approach to work. Able to understand the business implications of decisions and impact on customer.
- A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning.
- Advanced ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize workload with attention to detail.
- Ability to operate in a global setting across different cultures.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment, with multiple global functional heads and to value the importance of teamwork.
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant software: Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Note: Candidates with Relevant Experience in Heading / Handling a Business Unit of Clinical Data Management & Clinical Programming / Biostatics can directly send their CV to Kirloskar.email@example.com
Minimum Work Experience
- Significant Clinical Data Management experience including substantial management experience
- Educated to a degree level (biological science, pharma or other health related discipline preferred) or relevant clinical or business equivalent
- Competent in written and oral English and local language
Experience: 1-2 years
Education: B.Pharm, B.Sc
Industry Type: Pharma/ Biotech/Clinical Research
Functional Area: CR
See All Other Jobs in our Database
PLEASE NOTIFY THAT THIS JOB IS EXPIRED.
FIND LATEST JOBS BY CLICKING LINKS BELOW.