The World's largest Leather Research Institute, was founded on 24 April, 1948. CLRI made an initiative with foresight to link technology system with both academy and industry.
CLRI, today, is a central hub in Indian leather sector with direct roles in education, research, training, testing, designing, forecasting, planning, social empowerment and leading in science and technology relating to leather.
State-of-art facilities in CLRI support, innovation in leather processing, creative designing of leather products viz. leather garment, leather goods, footwear and development of novel environmental technologies for leather sector.
The Central Leather Research Institute (CLRI), Chennai, a National Laboratory under the aegis of Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR), is one of the world’s premier institutes engaged in research & development in the area of Leather Science & Technology and is associated with several International and National programmes, seeks to recruit highly talented professionals in these areas from dynamic Indian Nationals for the following scientific position:
Post: Principal Technical Officer
Post Code & Area
Expertise Center for Eco-testing Laboratory
Unreserved Pay Band - 4 Rs.37400-67000 + Grade Pay Rs. 8700 (Total emoluments approximately Rs 88,400/-per month)
Upper Age Limit: 45 Years
M.Sc Chemistry / Analytical Chemistry with minimum of 55% marks or equivalent with 15 years of experience in the field of Analytical Chemistry for developing new Techniques and for improvisation of existing analytical methods.
Desirable: Ph.D in Chemistry / Analytical Chemistry
Should lead team of analysts on day to day work of chemical analyses pertaining to leather.
Should be capable of developing new tests protocols for restricted chemical substances in leather.
Should necessarily possess operational and troubleshooting knowledge in the latest analytical instruments and be able to interpret the results of the same and also should have knowledge in the modern sample preparation techniques.
GO TO NEXT PAGE FOR MORE INFO...
(A) Perks & Benefits:
1. All the posts carry usual allowances i.e. Dearness Allowance (DA), House Rent Allowance (HRA), Transport Allowance (TA) etc. as admissible to Central Government employees as made applicable to CSIR. Council accommodation will be allotted as per the priority to be reckoned from the date of joining / availability, in which case HRA will not be admissible.
2. Selected candidates will be governed by the New Pension Scheme as introduced by the Govt. of India and as adopted by CSIR with effect from 01.01.2004.
3. In addition to the emoluments indicated against each category of posts, benefits such as reimbursement of medical expenses and Telephone Bills, News Paper Allowance, Leave Travel Concession, Conveyance Advance and House Building Advance are available as per provisions.
4. Higher initial pay could be considered for exceptionally meritorious and deserving candidates.
5. Professional Prospects: CSIR/CLRI offer excellent opportunities for career advancement under Flexible Complementing Scheme.
Upper age limit is relaxable
1. By 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC as per Govt. of India orders in force and only in those cases wherever the post is reserved for respective categories. SC, ST and OBC (Current year’s certificate in the Central Govt. prescribed format) candidates must submit attested copy of community certificate in the prescribed format issued by the Competent Authority along with the application form.
2. By 5 years for Persons with Disabilities (PWD) over and above the relaxation admissible for SC, ST and OBC, as the case may be, on furnishing of disability certificate (suffering from not less than 40% of relevant disability) issued by the Competent Authority.
3. For Ex-Servicemen and certain other categories as per Govt. of India rules.
4. Relaxation in age, qualification and / or experience will be allowed only in case of exceptionally meritorious candidate with the prior approval of competent authority
(C) General Conditions / Information:
1. The number of vacancies indicated is provisional and may vary at the time of selection.
2. The date for determining the age limit / qualifications / experience shall be the closing date prescribed for receipt of applications.
3. Qualifications prescribed should have been obtained from recognized Universities / Institutions in the areas mentioned against each post.
4. Candidates desirous of applying for more than one post should submit separate application for each post with separate application fee, wherever applicable.
5. Candidates selected for the aforementioned posts may be posted at CLRI or any of the Regional Centres of CLRI. Their services are liable for transfer to any of the CSIR Laboratories located in India.
6. Candidates working in Council / Government / Autonomous Bodies / Public Sector undertakings should send their applications through their employers with the certificate from the employer stating clearly that in the event of their selection for the post, they will be relieved from their respective post. However, advance copy of their applications may be sent before the closing date, which will be considered only if the original application is received through proper channel within 15 days from due date for submission of applications.
7. Candidate should ensure that he/she possesses educational qualification/experience in the relevant area as required for each post, for which he/she is applying, as on the last date for submission of online applications.
8. The period of experience in the requisite discipline/area of work wherever prescribed shall be counted with effect from the date of acquiring the prescribed minimum educational qualifications required for that post.
9. Mere fulfilling the minimum prescribed qualification(s) and experience for any post will not vest any right in a candidate for being called for interview. Since it may not be possible to call all candidates for interview, the applications will be short listed on the basis of qualifications and experience, by a duly constituted Screening Committee. Only those candidates who are recommended by the Screening committee will be called for interview. Candidates should, therefore, mention in the application all the qualifications and experience in the relevant area over and above the minimum prescribed qualifications supported with documents.
GO TO NEXT PAGE FOR MORE INFO...
10. The decision of CLRI/CSIR relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of applications, mode of selection, conduct of examination/interview will be final and binding on the candidates and no enquiry or correspondence will be entertained in this connection from any individual or their representative.
11. Outstation candidates called for interview shall be paid to and fro single second class Rail fare / ordinary bus fare from the normal place of their residence or that declared in the application or from the place of departing station in India, whichever is nearer to the place of interview.
12. Candidates shortlisted to be called for interview will be communicated individually. Further, list of shortlisted candidates will be displayed on CLRI website.
(D) Application Fee:
1. Each application should be accompanied by a Single Demand Draft of Rs100/- drawn after the date of publication of advertisement in favour of “Director, Central Leather Research Institute” payable at Chennai from State Bank of India (SBI) with six months validity.
2. The following details must be filled up on backside of Demand Draft: (i) Candidate’s Name (ii) Post Code Applied.
3. Candidates belonging to SC/ST/Women/Physically Handicapped category and regular employees of CSIR are exempted from payment of application fee.
(E) How to Apply:
1. Eligible candidates are required to apply ONLINE through CLRI website “www.clri.nic.in” and no other means/mode of application will be acceptable.
2. Online application will be available on CLRI website upto 23.09.2011 (5.30 PM)
3. After online submission, candidates should take print out of the computer generated application, sign each page, paste a recent passport size photograph in the space provided and sign in full across the photograph. The same duly accompanied by attested copies of the certificates, mark sheets, testimonials, re-prints in support of age, qualifications, experience, community and publications along with Demand Draft (wherever applicable) should be sent in an envelope superscribed “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF _______________ (Post Code:________)” to “The Controller of Administration, Central Leather Research Institute, Sardar Patel Road, Adyar, Chennai 600020”.
4. Candidates should specifically note that applications not submitted online in the prescribed form or incomplete or unsigned or not accompanied with prescribed fee, recent photograph, attested copies of educational certificates, mark sheets, caste certificates, testimonials, etc or received after prescribed closing date for any reason whatsoever (such as envelop wrongly addressed, delivered elsewhere, postal delay, etc) will not be entertained. Any enclosure received separately subsequent to the receipt of application will not be connected therewith.
(F) Check list:
1. Attested copies of following documents must be attached along with the hard copy of online application submitted.
Demand Draft for Rs. 100/- drawn in favour of Director, Central Leather Research Institute, Chennai
Secondary School certificate / Birth Certificate (Proof for age)
Provisional/Degree Certificate(s) (Proof for Educational qualifications)
Certificate of OBC/SC/ST/PH in the prescribed format (wherever applicable)
Experience certificate(s) (wherever applicable)
No Objection Certificate (in case of Govt. employee)
Canvassing in any form or bringing of any influence, political or otherwise, will be treated as disqualification.
Last date for submission of Online Applications 23.09.2011 (5.30 PM)
Last date for Receipt of hard copies of Applications submitted Online : 30.09.2011
See All Other Jobs in our database