April 2018 ARTICLE LIST >>
PharmaTutor (April - 2018)
ISSN: 2347 - 7881
(Volume 6, Issue 4)
Received On: 30/01/2018; Accepted On: 19/02/2018; Published On: 01/04/2018
Sachin G. Dhandore*1 , Kalyani B.Wagh2
1Department of Pharmaceutics,
Shivnagar Vidya Prasarak Mandal’s College of Pharmacy,
Malegaon(Bk), Pune, Maharashtra, India
2 Jalna Education Society’s Institute of Pharmacy,
J.E.S. College Campus, Jalna, Maharashtra, India
Fluconazole is an imidazole derivative and used for the treatment of local and systemic fungal infection. The oral use of Fluconazole is not much recommended as it has many side effects. Thus these formulations are made for better patient compliance and to reduce the dose of drug and to avoid the side effects like liver damage and kidney damage. The gel was formulated by using the synthetic polymer like carbapol 934 and HPMC by changing the polymer ratio. Gel formulations were characterized for drug content, pH determination, viscosity measurement, in-vitro diffusion. Among the six formulations F2 was selected as the best formulation as its %CDR after four and half hour was 99.01%. The viscosity of the F2 formulation was within the limit. Efficient delivery of drug to skin application was found to be highly beneficial in localizing the drug to desired site in the skin and reduced side effects associated with conventional treatment.
How to cite this article: Dhandore SG, Wagh KB; Formulation and Evaluation of Fluconazole Gel by using Synthetic Polymer; PharmaTutor; 2018; 6(4); 27-31; http://dx.doi.org/10.29161/PT.v6.i4.2018.27
[ABSTRACT WITH CITATION] [VIEW AS HTML]
1. Agrawal P, Baajpayee M, Singh S.P. Formulation and evaluation of herbal gel containing boswellia serrate, curcuma longa extract and oil of wintergreen for rheumatoid arthritis. International Bulletin of Drug Research. IBDR. 2(3):31-40.
2. Bazigha K Abdul Rasool, Eman F Abu-Gharbieh, Sahar A Fahmy, Heyam S Saad and Saeed A Khan. Development and Evaluation of Ibuprofen Transdermal Gel formulations. Tropical Journal of Pharmaceutical Research TJPR. 2010 Aug; 9(4):355-363.
3. Demuria D, Forrest A, Rich J. Pharmacokinetic and bioavailability of Fluconazole in patients with AIDS. Antimicrob Agents Chemother 1993; 37(10); 2187-92.
4. Denath S.K, Sarkar S.K, Janakiraman, Charkraborty S. Formulation and Evaluation of Aceclofenac Gel. International Journal of ChemTech Research IJCRGG.2009 Apl-Jun; 1(2): 204-207.
5. Gupta A, Mishra A.K, Singh A.K, Gupta V, Bansal P. Formulation and evaluation of topical gel of Diclofenac sodium using different polymers. Drug invention today 2010; 2(5):250-253.
6. Golinkin H.S. Process for fracturing well formulation using aqueous gels 1979; US patent no.US 4137182.
7. Karade P.G, Shah R.R, Choughule D.D, Bhise S.B. Formulation and evaluation of celecoxib gel. Journal of Drug Delivery and Therapeutics. JDDT. 2012 May; 2(3): 132-135.
8. LoydV.Allen, Jr. Nicholas G. Popvich Howard C.Ansel. Ansel’s Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Drug Delivery System, eighth edition, Lippincoth Williams and Wilkins Page No:-418-419.
9. Mitkari B.V, Korde S.A, Mahadik K.R and Kokare C.R. Formulation and evaluation of topical liposomal gel for Fluconazole IJPER. 2010 Oct; 44(4): 324-333.
10. Modha N.B, Chotal N.P, Patel V.A and Patel B.G. Preparation and evaluation of Fluconazole polymorphs IJRPB. 2010 Oct; 1(2): 124-126.
11. Niyazbasha B, Prakasam K, Divakargoli. Formulation and evaluation of gel containing Fluconazole antifungal agent. IJDDR 2011 Oct; 3(4):109-128.
12. Patel J, Patel B, Banwait H.S, Parmar K, Patel M. Formulation and Evaluation of Topical Aceclofenac Gel Using Different Gelling Agent. International Journal of Drug Development & Research IJDDR. 2011 Jan-Mar; 3(1): 0975-9344.
13. Papps P.G, Rex J.H, Sobel J.D. Guidelines for treatment of candidiasis. Clin Infect Dis 2004; 346(4):161-189.
14. Parashar B, Kabra A, Chandel A. Formulation and Evaluation of Gel Containing Miconazole Nitrate an Antifungal Agent. International Journal of Pharma Research and Review. IJPRR. 2013 June; 2(6):18-28.
15. Prorost C. Transparent oil-water gels. A review. Int J Cosmet Sci. 1986; 8(3); 233-247.
16. Rashmi M.S. Topical gel. A review 2008; 6(3):244-249.
17. Shivhare U.D, Jain K.B, Mathur V.B, Bhusari K.P, Roy A.A. Formulation development and evaluation of Diclofenac sodium gel using water soluble polysaccharide polymer. Digest J anomet and Biostruct. 2009; 4(2):285-290.
18. Singh A, Sharma P.K and Mazumdar D.K. Development and Validation of different UV spectrophotometric methods for the estimation of Fluconazole in bulk and in solid dosage form. IJCT 2011 Sept; 18: 357-362