Admission in Ph.D at MNIT Jaipur
Malaviya National Institute of Technology Jaipur is one of the 30 National Institutes of Technology in India. These Institutes have been created as centers of excellence for higher training, research and development in science, engineering and technology. Established as a College of Engineering College in 1963, the Institute was declared as National Institute of Technology in the year 2002. It was then accorded the status of deemed university with powers to decide its own academic policy, to conduct its own examinations and to award its own degrees.
Application has to be filled online (link available at mnit.ac.in) by 20th November 2013 and printed application form with photograph, photocopy of necessary documents along-with the Demand Draft of Rs. 400/- for General and OBC, Rs. 200/- for SC/ST category in favour of the Registrar, MNIT Jaipur payable at Jaipur should reach respective department latest by 25th November 2013.
The objectives of the postgraduate programmes - MBA, M.Plan., M. Tech./M. Plan. and Ph.D. at the Malaviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur, India (MNIT) are as follows:
* To cultivate high standard of performance in teaching & research,
* To develop the scientific, managerial and engineering manpower of the highest quality to cater to the needs of the Industry, R&D organizations and academia,
* To provide opportunity to students to do research in cutting edge areas,
* To be a role model and leader of educational Institutions in the country,
* To provide a broad grasp of the fundamental principles of the sciences and scientific, managerial and technological methods through its curriculum,
* To provide a deep understanding of the areas of specialization,
* To provide an innovative ability to solve new and open problems,
* To provide a capacity to learn continually and interact with multidisciplinary groups,
* To develop the students with a capability for:
Free and objective enquiry
Courage and integrity
Awareness and sensitivity to the needs and aspirations of society.
Doing independent research in their chosen areas
With this end in view, the postgraduate programmes are designed to include courses of study, seminars, project and thesis submission through which a student may develop his concepts and intellectual skills.
The procedures and requirements stated in the “Rules and Regulation manual for PG Programmes” embody the philosophy of the postgraduate education & research and ensure the highest standards of performance in teaching and research at the Institute. Within this general framework, subject to the approval of the Senate Post-Graduate Board (SPGB)/Senate, the various departments/centres may impose such additional requirements as will serve their particular academic goals. The Rules and Procedures given in the manual are adhered to and implemented without any change and with all fairness. While considering an issue, if the manual does not specifically mention something, the same shall be forwarded by DPGC to SPGB/Senate for its consideration.
M.Sc. in Chemistry/ Medicinal/ Pharmaceutical/ Environmental/ Biochemistry/ Biotechnology and related disciplines with chemistry as one of the optional subject
Department: Management Studies
M. Tech./M.B.A. or equivalent, B.E./B.Tech./ B.Arch./ B.Pharma/ M.Sc./ M.C.A. or equivalent
The academic session of the PG Programmes is divided into two semesters (odd and even). The odd semester will normally commence around July every year, and the even semester around December every year.
The admissions to Ph.D. programme is made in both the regular semesters.
Eligibility for Admission
1. The eligibility conditions given below are the absolute minimum. Departments/centres may prescribe any requirements over and above for short listing. All eligibility requirements must be met by 1st January 2014.
2. The "specified minimum" CGPA/marks implies a minimum of 6.5 on the 10 point scale (60% marks, only where CGPA is not awarded) for Ph.D. with a relaxation for SC/ST implying minimum of 6.0 on the 10 point scale (55% marks, only where CGPA is not awarded) in qualifying degree (refer Table 1). In exceptional cases, brilliant candidates with CGPA of more than 9 (85% marks) in Bachelors degree in Engineering/Architecture may be recommended by DPGC to SPGB for admission in Ph.D. program.
3. Reservation policy as prescribed by Government of India/MHRD from time to time shall be applicable.
For More Info Go to Next Page...