BSSC KARSHIM Pharmacy Question Paper - 2013
1. Who is regarded the father of surgery in ancient India?
(A) Sushrutha (B) Charaka (C) Vasavadatta (D) Dhanvantari
2. How many bones are there in the normal adult human body?
(A) 201 (B) 204 (C) 206 (D) 210
3. Which of these is used in the treatment of malaria?
(A) Meflooquine (B) Azithromycin (C) Rabeprazole (D) Methotrexate
4. The organism responsible for AIDS is
(A) Hepatitis B virus (B) HIV (C) Herpes virus (D) Plasmodium
5. Which of the following routes of drug administration is not parenteral ?
(A) Intravenous (B) Subcutaneous (C) Intradermal (D) Sublingual
6. Beta blockers are used in treatment of
(A) Hypertension (B) (C) Myxedema (D) Diabetes mellitus Hypercholesterolemia
7. What is the primary use for pioglitazone ?
(A) Anti-convulsant (B) In Hypertension (C) In Diabetes (D) In Malaria
8. Fever with bodyaches and low platelet counts is likely to be
(A) Dengue (B) Typhoid (C) TB (D) Pneumonia
9. The process of transport across a cell in particulate form by formation of vesicles is called
(A) Active transport (B) Facilitated diffusion (C) Pinocytosis (D) Passive diffusion
10. When the rate of elimination of a drug remains constant irrespective of drug concentration, it is said to follow
(A) Zero order kinetics
(B) First order kinetics
(C) Exponential kinetics
(D) Secretory kinetics
11. Complete drug elimination occurs usually after
(A) 2 half lives (B) 3 half lives (C) 5 half lives (D) 10 half lives
12. Hit and Run’ drugs are
(A) Whose plasma concentration cannot be measured
(B) Whose effect lasts longer than the drug itself
(C) Those with short life
(D) Those withdrawn from market very fast
13. The longest bone in the body is
(A) Humerus (B) Stapes (C) Tibia (D) Femur
14. A drug which activates a receptor to produce effect in the opposite direction to that of a well recognized agonist is called
(A) Partial agonist (B) Antagonist (C) Super Agonist (D) Inverse agonist
15. Which is the largest organ in the body?
(A) Skin (B) Brain (C) Heart (D) Kidney
16. Cardiac output is the product of heart rate and
(A) Respiratory rate (B) Minute ventilation (C) Stroke volume (D) Peripheral resistance
17. Precordium refers to area overlying the
(A) Heart (B) Lungs (C) Stomach (D) Urinary bladder
18. The route of administration for insulin is
(A) Subcutaneous (B) Intramuscular (C) Intravenous (D) All
19. The cells in the blood responsible for carrying oxygen is
(A) WBC (B) RBC (C) Lymphocyte (D) Platelet
20. Energy from food sources is measured usually in
(A) Dyne (B) Calorie (C) Pascals (D) Horsepower
Go to "Next Page" for more questions...