Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research is an autonomous institution that was established in 1989 by the Department of Science and Technology, GoI to commemorate the birth centenary year of Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru. Bharat Ratna Prof. C. N. R. Rao, FRS, was the founding President. The Centre was registered as a society with Dr. Raja Ramanna (eminent physicist and Former Chairman, DAE) as its first Chairman.
Post : Research Associate (RA)
Applications are invited for temporary position of Research Associate (RA) to work under the guidance of Dr. Abhishek Kumar, International Centre for Materials Science (ICMS) and New Chemistry Unit (NCU), JNCASR, Jakkur, Bengaluru, 560 064.
Essential Qualification : Ph.D / MD / MS / MDS or equivalent degree OR three years of research, teaching, design and development after MVSc / M.Pharm / M.E / M.Tech with at least one research paper in Science Citation Index (SCI) Journal.
Desirable Qualification :
1. Experience in THz/mid-infrared photonics.
2. Experience with ultrafast femtosecond laser and hands on experience in building the ultrafast spectroscopy experimental setup.
3. Good understanding of material physics.
4. Hands on experience of electromagnetic simulation tools like COMSOL, CST or Lumerical.
5. Experience in designing and fabrication of metasurface.
6. Basic knowledge of any programming languages.
Remuneration : Rs.47,000/- plus 24% HRA
Max. Age limit : 35 years
Interested candidates are required to send scan copy of duly filled in Template (available on website) along with scan copies of original testimonials in support of educational qualification, age, experience, publication, etc with brief resume to Dr. Abhishek Kumar, International Centre for Materials Science (ICMS) and New Chemistry Unit (NCU) through email email@example.com latest by 25-09-2023.
(1) Candidates are required to provide their Skype ID, email address and mobile number.
(2) Shortlisted candidates may be invited for online interview
(3) No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview in person.
(4) Those in employment or pursuing Ph.D, must submit ‘No Objection Certificate’ from the employer/Ph.D. Supervisor.
See All Other Jobs in our Database