National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI) is an autonomous R&D Institute of the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India. The institute has a state-of-the-art facility in translational research areas at the interface of Agricultural Biotechnology and Food & Nutritional Biotechnology. Applications are invited from the individuals possessing an outstanding research record and enthusiasm to support the organization having a world-class research environment and active partnership with the public and private sectors.
Applicant should have excellent academic credentials and a proven track record of scientific productivity as evidenced by the publications/patents/products in the following specific research area: -
a) Proteomics and its applications
b) Metabolomics and its applications
c) Lipidomics and its applications
d) Computational Biology including “big data” analysis, Machine learning/Artificial Intelligence
e) Functional foods & nutraceuticals, nutrigenomics and nutritional biology
f) Molecular food, flavours, food chemistry related to safety, quality and stability
g) Plant reproductive biology, cell and development biology
Pay Matrix Level : 13
Post Code : 6001
No of post : 02 (UR – 2)
Age Limit : 50 Years
Essential Qualification : PhD in any branch of Life Sciences/ Agricultural Biotechnology/ Food and Nutrition Sciences/ Food Technology or equivalent with 08 years’ experience or MD/MVSc with 10 years’ experience or ME/M.Tech in Agri-Biotechnology/ Biotechnology /Chemical Technology /Food Technology/Food Sciences and Nutrition or equivalent with 10 years’ experience.
Pay Matrix Level : 12
Post Code : 6002
No of post : 01 (SC – 01)
Age Limit : 50 Years*
Essential Qualification : PhD in any branch of Life Sciences / Agricultural Biotechnology/Food and Nutrition Sciences/ Food Technology or equivalent with 05 years experience or ME / M.Tech in Agri- Biotechnology/ Biotechnology/ Chemical Technology/Food Technology/Food Sciences and Nutrition or equivalent with 07 years experience.
Pay Matrix Level : 11
Post Code : 6003
No of post : 01 (SC – 01)
Age Limit : 40 Years*
Essential Qualification : PhD in any branch of Life Sciences / Agricultural Biotechnology / Food and Nutrition Sciences/ Food Technology or equivalent with 02 years experience or ME/M.Tech in Agri- Biotechnology / Biotechnology / Chemical Technology/Food Technology/Food Sciences and Nutrition or equivalent with 05 years experience.
* Age relaxation, if any, shall be as per the Government of India (GOI) norms subject to the submission of supporting documents
The application fee will be received online through ‘SBI Collect’. Kindly click on the payment link for online fee deposit at NABI website. Kindly print out the payment receipt (with the successful transaction only) and upload the same in the online application form. For payment made in USD, Inland bank charges and foreign bank charges shall be borne by the candidate. Any shortfall in the prescribed fee including USD payment will lead to the rejection of the application.
Unreserved candidates : 590*
SC/Women candidates : 354*
Unreserved candidates from abroad with OCI Status : USD 30 (Equivalent to INR 2520)
SC/Women candidates from abroad with OCI Status : USD 20 (Equivalent to INR 1680)
Fee non-refundable. *Including GST.
General Terms and Conditions
1) The total no. of advertised scientific positions are 04. However, the positions will be filled subject to the candidate's suitability for the post applied as per the recommendation of the screening/selection committee.
2) The institute reserves the right to recruit the candidate(s) in any of the areas mentioned above.
3) The date for determining the age limit/research experience/qualification shall be 30 days from the date of publication of advertisement in Employment News.
4) Screening cum Selection Process: - Applications received ONLY through the ONLINE MODE in the prescribed format will be considered. Incomplete applications will be summarily rejected. Selection will be based on the performance during the interview along with any additional procedure adopted by the Screening/Selection committee. The consideration of qualifications as 'equivalent' to the essential and/or desirable qualifications stated above shall be the sole discretion of the Screening/Selection Committee. Please note that the prescribed essential qualifications are minimum, and the mere possession of the same does not entitle any candidate to be called for an interview. Merit-based shortlisting of the candidates will be carried out by the screening committee (on a well-defined criterion including excellent academic credentials with a proven track record of research publications/patents/products/technologies developed/technologies transferred in the relevant areas). However, the institute will have the discretion to fix qualifying marks for the interview. Based on the outcome of the interview, a reserve panel, in the order of merit, may also be prepared, which will remain valid for one year from the date of the interview.
5) The period of experience shall be counted after the date of acquiring the minimum educational qualifications prescribed for that post.
6) The upper age limit is relaxable for SC (5 years for SC) and other categories such as PwD, Ex-servicemen, if any, as per Govt. of India norms. No age relaxation will be applicable to SC/ST/OBC candidates applying for Unreserved (UR) vacancies (General / UR Category).
7) Upper age limit shall not be applicable for existing employees of the institute or any employee of the Department of Biotechnology.
8) In addition to the usual pay & allowances as admissible vide 7th Pay Commission in the above scales, other benefits, such as Leave Travel Concession (LTC), medical expenses, house rent allowance, transport allowance etc., shall be provided as per institute’s rules.
9) The selected candidates will be governed by the New Pension Scheme (NPS) of Central Government amended from time to time.
10) The appointed candidate shall be considered ‘on probation’ for a period of two years, which may be extended at the discretion of the Competent Authority. Further continuation, if any, will depend on candidate's performance.
11) Candidates may choose to apply for more than one post by submitting a separate application for each position.
12) NABI shall not be held responsible for any delay in receipt or loss in postal transit of any communication.
13) Govt./Semi-Govt/Autonomous bodies/PSUs employees/Central/State universities must forward their applications through proper channel or submission of NOC along with application form. However, an advance copy of the application should be submitted through online application form by the due date.
14) All applications must be supported by self-attested certificates, including photograph, address, telephone, e-mail, qualifications, research experience, the status of reservation, details of the research publications (Impact Factor, Citations etc). Additionally, the candidate must submit the 1000 words statement on his/her future research plans having relevance to NABI (in the research areas of the post applied for, as mentioned above)
15) Candidate’s experience and proven ability for research and team building in the relevant area are critical to the selection procedure. In this respect, at least three letters of reference, including one from the current mentor or research supervisor will be preferred. The same should be addressed to the Executive Director, NABI and sent to the email id: firstname.lastname@example.org directly by the referees. The letter may be built around the following points of reference should comment upon:
I. Candidate’s communication and research skills, strength, innovative thinking and suitability for the post.
II. Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
III. Ability to execute state-of-the-art experiments and research programs of fundamental and applied nature.
16) Outstation candidates called for the interview will be paid to and fro second-class railway fare for travel within the country on submission of the proof.
17) Interim enquiries would not be entertained at any time. Canvassing in any form or bringing influence, political or otherwise, will lead to disqualification of the candidate. The decision of NABI in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of the application, mode of selection and conduct of interviews will be final and binding on the candidates.
18). For any legal dispute, the courts of law at the Honourable High court of Punjab and Haryana, Chandigarh have the jurisdiction.
How to apply
The eligible candidates shall apply through online, and the link will be available on the date of the publication of advertisement in the Employment News and also upload the supporting documents as per the given format. Applications received in any mode other than online will not be accepted. The last date of receipt of the online application is 15.10.2023 (1700 hrs IST)
Manager-Administration National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute, Mohali Knowledge City, Sector-81 Mohali-140306
Before filling out the online application form, please keep the following Scanned Documents: (It is suggested to scan documents from your originals)
3) Proof of Date of Birth
4) Educational qualifications certificates
5) Research experience certificates
6) Details of research publications
7) A 1000 words research statement in the research areas mentioned in the advertisement and its relevance to NABI and future research plans
8) Category certificate, if any
9) Curriculum Vitae
10) Any other information
See All Other Jobs in our Database