All India Institute of Medical Sciences Patna is strategically located to address regional imbalances in healthcare services, research, and training. It was established under Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojna (PMSSY) during the first phase following the- then Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s visionary announcement in Independence Day Speech on 15th August 2003. AIIMS Patna was one amongst six hospitals along with Raipur, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Jodhpur, and Rishikesh, in the country to improve healthcare facilities, provide quality medical education in super-specialty disciplines, and promote healthcare inclusion in underserved areas.
Post : Professor
No of post : 01 (OBC-01)
Department : Pharmacology
Essential Qualification : For Medical Candidates
Fourteen years teaching and/or research experience from a recognized institution in the subject/discipline concerned after obtaining the qualifying degree of MD/MS in the respective discipline/subject or a qualification recognized equivalent there to. OR Twelve years teaching and/or research experience from a recognized institution in the subject/discipline concerned after obtaining the degree of D.M./M.Ch. (2 years or 5 years course recognized after MBBS) in the respective discipline/subject or a qualification recognized equivalent thereto. OR Eleven years teaching and/or research experience from a recognized institution in the subject/discipline concerned for the candidates possessing 3 years recognized Degree of D.M./M.Ch. in the respective discipline/subject or a qualification recognized equivalent thereto.
For Non-Medical Candidates: Fourteen years teaching and/or research experience in the respective discipline/subject after obtaining the doctorate degree.
Pay Scales : Level-14-A-Rs.168900-220400/- as per 7th CPC.
Maximum Age-Limit and Age Relaxation
(i) 50 (Fifty) years for the post of Assistant Professor and Associate Professor, 58 (Fifty Eight) years for the post of Additional Professor & Professor.
(ii) Upper age limit shall be determined as on respective cut-off date specified in the advertisement.
(iii) No age relaxation would be available to SC/ST/OBC candidates applying for unreserved vacancies.
(iv) The age concession to the PwBD shall be admissible irrespective of the fact whether the post is reserved for PwBD or not.
Age relaxation permissible beyond the upper age limit
OBC : 03 years
#The age relaxation will be admissible to only those employees working under Central Government not under Autonomous Body/State Government/PSU and working in posts which are in the same line or allied cadres and here a relationship could be established that the service already rendered in a particular post will be useful for the efficient discharge of the duties of the post(s) to which has been advertised. Final decision in this regard will rest with the Authorities of AIIMS, Patna.
Age relaxation is subject to the condition that maximum age of the applicant on the last date shall not exceed 55 years after availing age relaxation. Age relaxation to other categories of the candidates will be regulated as perthe DoPT instructions.
General/OBC Candidates - Rs. 2000 (Rupees Two Thousand only)
EWS Candidates - Rs.1200 (Rupees Twelve Hundred only)
SC/ST Candidates - Rs.1200 (Rupees Twelve Hundred only)
PWBD - Exempted
Application fee once remitted shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
Applications received/submitted without the prescribed fee would not be considered and will be summarily rejected.
Relaxation in experience/qualification in respect of SC/ST candidates against Direct Recruitment is at the discretion of the Competent Authority, keeping in view the number of reserved positions and the decision of selection committee. In the normal course, one year relaxation can be allowed against 2-3 years' experience & 2-3 years in the case of 5-8 years prescribed experience.
• Application fee once remitted shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
• Applications received/submitted without the prescribed fee would not be considered and will be summarily rejected.
• Relaxation in experience/qualification in respect of SC/ST candidates against Direct Recruitment is at the discretion of the Competent Authority, keeping in view the number of reserved positions and the decision of selection committee. In the normal course, one year relaxation can be allowed against 2-3 years' experience & 2-3 years in the case of 5-8 years prescribed experience.
• All the original certificates/documents will be verified at the time of interview. The short-listed candidate(s) based on their submission, must bring one print out of on-line application, a set of self-attested photocopy as well as Original certificates/documents viz. (i) 10th class, (ii) essential qualifications and experience(s), (iii) valid caste certificate if applied under SC/ST/OBC/PWBD/EWS category issued by the Appropriate/Competent Authority (iv) No Objection Certificates (if in regular employment in any Govt./Semi Govt./ Government Enterprises/Government funded autonomous Institutions). Failure to produce these certificates/documents on the day of verification of documents/interview will lead to cancellation of candidature and candidate will not be allowed to appear for interview.
Other Information for the Candidates
1. All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Patna is an autonomous body established under an Act of Parliament.
2. Service under the AIIMS, Patna is governed by the Act and the Rules & Regulations framed there under.
3. Period of probation for all faculty posts will be two years.
4. The post(s) is/are whole time and private practice of any kind is prohibited.
5. The employees of the AIIMS, Patna will be governed by the New Pension Scheme as per the provision contained in the Ministry of Finance, Department of Economic Affairs (ECB & PR Division) Notification No. 5/7/2003-ECB&PR dated 22.12.2003.
6. Process of Selection is interview and interview would be scheduled at AIIMS, Patna.
7. Applicants must possess the essential qualification and experience up-to-the cut-off date specified of online submission of application(s). Their candidature will be cancelled at any stage if it is found that their educational qualification or experiences is not recognized by the Govt, of India.
8. Incomplete application will be summarily rejected.
9. The period of experience shall be counted after obtaining the prescribed educational qualification.
10. While every effort will be made to provide residential accommodation to the faculty appointed at AIIMS Patna subject to availability, but in view of the paucity of the residential accommodation in the campus, it may not be possible to provide accommodation to all faculty members. In the event that no accommodation is provided, necessary House Rent Allowance (HRA) as admissible to the Central Government Servants of similar status serving in station Patna will be provided as per rules.
11. Canvassing of any kind is strictly prohibited and if anyone is found canvassing, his/her candidature will be rejected.
12. The candidate should not have been convicted by any Court of Law.
13. AIIMS, Patna reserves the right to increase/decrease or withdraw any number of vacancies.
14. The Competent Authority reserves the right to amend, cancel or change this advertisement as a whole or in part without assigning any reason or giving notice.
15. The decision of the Competent Authority regarding short-listing of the candidates to be called for interview, verification of documents and selection of candidates would be final and binding on all candidates. No representation/correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
16. All disputes will be subject to jurisdiction of Court of Law at Patna.
1. Applications received till the cut-off date shall be processed further for shortlisting and selection process.
2. The above-mentioned vacancies are provisional and are subjected to variation. The Executive Director, AIIMS Patna reserves the right to increase/decrease the number of vacancies including reserved vacancies as per the Govt, of India Rules/Circulars and functional requirements or other wise.
3. As per Govt, of India rules, 04% horizontal Reservation for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD) shall be allotted.
4. In case of suitable candidate(s) not found for Additional Professor/Associate Professor in a particular department, selection may be made on lower cadre (Associate/Assistant Professor) posts of the same department in the respective category (UR/OBC/SC/ST/EWS). However down-gradation of the post from Additional/Associate Professor to Associate/Assistant Professor is subject to the discretion of the Standing Selection Committee (SSC). For example, for an advertised post of Additional Professor (OBC), an Associate/Assistant professor (OBC) may be selected in that department.
5. The cut-off date to determine the upper age-limit, essential qualification and experience will be 15thday from the date of publication of advertisement in Employment News/Rozgar Samachar.
6. The experience wherever prescribed shall be counted after acquiring the prescribed qualification as per Recruitment Rules for determining eligibility. One should have completed desired duration of experience on or before the cut-off date as specified.
This Advertisement is Published at Employment News page 31 (Date 11-09-2023)
See All Other Jobs in our Database