Merck Limited require Sales Head
Merck Limited (formerly E. Merck Limited) was set up in India as the first Merck subsidiary in Asia in 1967. The Company operates both its Pharmaceuticals and Chemicals businesses in the country.
Merck was also the first Merck Group Company to go public in the year 1981. The Merck Group now holds 51% of the share capital in Merck Limited, while the remaining 49% is traded on the Bombay Stock Exchange Ltd. and National Stock Exchange of India Ltd. Merck Specialities Pvt. Ltd., the wholly owned Indian subsidiary of Merck KGaA, was incorporated in 2005.
Post : Sales Head - South (166646)
Responsible for achieving sales goals for Pharma Process Solutions in South region comprising of 3 states (Tamil Nadu, Karnataka & Kerala). Develops region specific strategic plans and drives execution. Provides line of sight into business performance through forecasting, reporting and pipeline management. Operates with fiscal responsibility. Manages, coaches and develops a team enabling achievement of assigned goals and career progression.
Scope of Responsibility
- Total sales revenue supported: ~ INR 85 Cr
- Total number of employees supervised (in organization): 3
- Number of locations responsible for: South region; 3 states (Tamil Nadu, Karnataka & Kerala)
Lead and direct the regional sales team for the Business Unit
- Responsible for achieving assigned sales goals
- Translate Product and APAC and Country specific growth strategy to field execution
- Drive market & account development for the specific products of strategic focus in collaboration with the technical & marketing experts from Technology Management team
- Collaboratively working with different stakeholders like, Regulatory Management, Commercial Services for developing business solution for customers.
- Lead and direct the team on developing and managing the long term, high value top key accounts like Stellis, Biocon, Mylan, etc
- Develop long-term growth strategy and business plans for assigned markets and product areas
- Maintain executive relationships at select Top and Global Strategic accounts in the Region or Commercial Area
- Lead the development of multi-year account plans for Top accounts
- Ensure region and Commercial area resources are effectively enabled to execute business plans and growth strategy
- Maintains a deep understanding of the products in Pharma Process Solutions, it’s applications in the biopharma companies.
- Ensure adequate support & technical guidance to the team, enabling them with all the required sales process & product related information to optimally perform.
- Encourage and involve team members in successful designing, testing and implementation of all sales process improvement and marketing initiatives in the region
- Directly manage major and critical developing client accounts, and coordinate with the management of all other accounts through the team
- Regular visits along with sales representatives to existing customers and new accounts/customers. Continuously encouraging sales team to expand business.
- Resolve internal sales process related issues (e.g. Technical queries, Pricing approvals, customer queries)
- Recruit and maintain a talent pipeline
- Manage, coach and develop the team members
- Ensure providing the right platform and visibility to the team at a country as well as global level for the good work, thereby putting a practice of recognition and reward in the team.
- Disseminate winning practices across sales teams
- Resolve team oriented escalations (e.g. sales credit, pay discrepancies, supply issues, dispatch related concerns and others)
- Manages a regular cadence of internal meetings and processes to ensure effective and open communication with in the team, driving execution of growth strategy
- Captures VOC, insights from business development team and identifies local market trends and communicates internally
- Collaboratively work with support teams of Provantage Labs, Technology Management for seeding our products at a prospective customer
- Engages in special projects as assigned
For more info on next page...