Recruitment for Consultants at Regional Centre for Biotechnology
Regional Centre for Biotechnology (RCB) is an Institution of National Importance established through an Act of Indian Parliament by the Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India under the auspices of UNESCO. The primary focus of RCB is to provide world class education, training and conduct innovative research at the interface of multiple disciplines to create high quality human resource in disciplinary and interdisciplinary areas of biotechnology.
Post : Consultants (Scientific & Technical)
RCB is situated in the NCR Biotech Science Cluster (NBSC) developed by the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India, on a 200-acre site located at the Faridabad-Gurgaon expressway within the NCR Delhi, along with other constituent institutions. RCB, in association with Biotechnology Industrial Research Assistance Council (BIRAC), a Govt. of India Enterprise, has also established a Bio-Incubator, and Advanced Technology Platform Centre (ATPC) to manage and nurture technology development in the broad area of biopharmaceuticals.
To manage state-of-the-art scientific instrumentation/infrastructure facilities set-up in RCB and to interface with academia to ensure that each available technology resource/facility is utilized to its full capacity, RCB invites online applications from suitably qualified, dynamic, and result-oriented Research Scientists/Engineers/Technology Platform experts for appointment as Consultant (Scientific & Technical) on contract basis.
Emoluments : Rs. 75,000/- to 1,25,000/- per month consolidated depending upon skill and experience.
Essential Qualifications and Experience
An excellent academic record with Ph.D. in areas of Biomedical Sciences with intensive experience of working with any of the following technology platforms:
• Protein Interaction and Purification
• Flow Cytometry
• Mass Spectrometry
• Genomics Facility
• Optical Imaging
• Electron Microscopy
Experience of minimum three years in relevant field of operational management of scientific equipment facility in large/medium R&D Centres/Institutions.
• The incumbent will be responsible for the operations, management, maintenance and time slot arrangement of the state-of art scientific instrumentation / infrastructure facilities. He/She will interface with academia for optimum utilization of the facilities. Organise structured training courses for domain-specific skill enhancement for research personnel.
• Create SOPs, train technical staff and manage them for efficient delivery of the technical services.
• Conduct research on method development and provide technical advice to users in planning their experiments involving the use of the ATPC technology platforms, and help the user with data acquisition and interpretation.
• Coordinate with the cluster/RCB infrastructure (IT, electrical, AC etc.) team and other members of the facility to ensure smooth running of the ATPC facilities
• To oversee the activities related to organization of various training courses conducted on campus.
• Provide teaching/research assistance to students and research trainees wherever necessary.
Age limit : 50 Years.
For More Info Go Next Page...