Work as Medical Science Liaison at Sanofi
Sanofi is dedicated to supporting people through their health challenges. We are a global biopharmaceutical company focused on human health. We prevent illness with vaccines, provide innovative treatments to fight pain and ease suffering. We stand by the few who suffer from rare diseases and the millions with long-term chronic conditions. With more than 100,000 people in 100 countries, Sanofi is transforming scientific innovation into healthcare solutions around the globe.
Post : Medical Science Liaison
• Be the trusted scientific partner to key external experts by conducting timely, appropriate and frequent scientific exchanges to enhance the understanding of the scientific and medical value of our products.
• Execute on stakeholder engagement plans to gather data, develop and share medical insights that contribute to enhancement of Sanofi’s key medical messages, plans and future research.
• Keep abreast of medical and scientific developments in the therapeutic field to help identify and critically assess research opportunities and to play a supportive role in the execution of evidence generation plans to enhance the value of our products in a real-world setting
• Recognize, record and share insights that deepen our understanding of the needs of patients, consumers, regulators, payers, and healthcare providers and proactively contributes towards identifying unmet needs.
• Maintain effective and appropriate communication among internal stakeholders (Medical Affairs colleagues, Medical Information and Commercial Operations) while maintaining full compliance with relevant company, industry, legal and regulatory requirements
• Demonstrate operational understanding and risk management by ensuring excellence in execution of all governance processes.
List the most important responsibilities of the job. For each key responsibility indicate the action to be taken, the end result to be achieved, and how it will be achieved. If necessary, include the % of time spent on each responsibility. Total of percent should equal 100 %.
% of Time
• Engages external stakeholders on medical and scientific information exchange for the therapeutic area during an one-on-one interactions and group settings, exhibiting excellent scientific and clinical knowledge
• Uses strong knowledge of relevant diseases and disease management protocols, healthcare environment and competitors to articulate the medical and scientific value of our products with external experts.
• Establishes robust, long-term peer relationships with Key Opinion Leaders and other stakeholder partners
• Actively engages with appropriate stakeholders on medical, clinical, epidemiologic, and scientific topics to advance their understanding of the disease by sharing information and answering questions based on approved material within Regulatory guidelines.
• Engages with appropriate stakeholders to understand the state of healthcare policies and guidelines as they relate to clinical practices at a local, state, regional, federal, or national level.
• Uses defined systems to maps, identify, profile, and prioritizes stakeholders in line with the therapeutic area medical plan and looks for opportunities to collaborate and build a value based partnership addressing the HCPs therapeutic goals.
• Effectively utilizes the Scientific Engagement Model to plan territory and individual stakeholder (Key Opinion Leaders, payers, HCP etc.) medical strategy and engagement interaction plans consistent with the Field Base Medical Activity Plan and medical function priorities.
• Effectively utilizes the Scientific Engagement Model for attending and establishing a Sanofi Medical presence at relevant scientific congresses, symposia as directed.
• Organizes educational meetings or local scientific advisory boards when requested.
• Support speakers training to ensure continued scientific support in the field.
• Responds to unsolicited request for medical information associated with supported products and disease state area.
• Gathers data and generates insights from stakeholder interactions and provides feedback to the organization
• Recognize and collect feedback/reactions from multiple data sources and various stakeholders.
• Record/report insights and information appropriately, using available mechanisms and tools.
• Critically and routinely evaluate and discern from the information gained from published studies, and stakeholder interactions to develop key insights that deepen our understanding of the market’s needs and opinions of external stakeholders and therefore contribute to enhancement of Sanofi’s scientific messages, plans, strategy, systems, and product development.
• Maintain awareness of and assesses emerging evidence in disease area to educate and enhance discussions with key stakeholders.
• Collaborates effectively with internal stakeholders Distribute relevant scientific and medical information and key external insights to internal stakeholders when requested.
• Collaborate, as directed, with Commercial Operations, Business Development, Regulatory, etc. to facilitate diligence reviews, medical and safety evaluation, product positioning, lifecycle evidence planning, and compliance needs.
• Contribute to the creation of material for internal and external stakeholders where applicable, following internal Sanofi policies, and Federal and National Policies as applicable.
• Supports evidence-generation activities by aiding in data acquisition and identifying opportunities for further data collection clinical or investigator-led
Monitors disease epidemiology and provides support, including protocol development, when needed on various types of studies: long-term surveillance, compliance, pharmacovigilance, and effectiveness studies
• Identifies data collection opportunities during stakeholder interactions and reports these using approved processes.
• Maintains awareness of clinical trial activity within territory and suggests clinical trials sites as requested.
• Responds to unsolicited requests regarding interest in investigator sponsored studies (ISS), and supports ISS submissions through appropriate internal processes.
• Context of the job/major challenges (Highlight most significant aspects of the environment which affect the job. Describe the most important problems to resolve to achieve the job’s major purpose.)
• Able to operate independently (with minimal supervision) and navigate complex regulatory environments in person and via digital channels from remote (non-office based) environment.
• Possible substantial travel: nationally and internationally.
• Effectively mediate KOL's complex and controversial opinions vs; corporate policy decisions ensuring KOL relationships/medical strategy are not negatively impacted.
• Ensures regulatory boundaries re non-promotional activities are respected vis-à-vis commercial partners.
Scope of Role / Outputs
(Provide numerical data if available to describe the size of the job, or its impact on the business. Use annual figures and specify currency. Figures should include budgetary responsibility, purchasing authority, resources available. Highlight the key decisions made in this job. Outline the sphere of the job, such as whether the accountabilities are global, country specific, or function specific.)
• Manage a base of ca. XX [insert no of stakeholders] stakeholders; developing and maintaining stakeholder engagement tracking database.
• Plan day-to-day interactions, including discussion points in accordance with Medical Affairs strategy, establishing a frequency of interactions per stakeholder per year to ensure that objectives are met.
• Accountability for [add country/area name] level with reporting mainly to Medical Affairs Executes on defined KOL territory strategy that is targeted to address diverse stakeholder needs (payers, patients, KOLs, HCP etc.) and is aligned with company objectives.
• Develops relevant territory engagement plans in line with the medical strategy and supports the team’s medical plan execution.
• Uses approved scientific data during KOL interactions to advance the understanding of the therapeutic area.
For More Info Go to Next Page...