The Institute of Advanced Study in Science and Technology (IASST), Guwahati is an autonomous R&D Institute under the Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India. The Institute is engaged in frontier areas of research in the specific domain of Physical, Chemical, Mathematical and Life Sciences. The Institute’s aim is to contribute to basic sciences and develop technology using local resources through strong interdisciplinary research approach across different divisions. Institute is equipped with modern and sophisticated instrumentation including SEM, XRD, LCMS-MS, AFM, DNA Sequencer and computational facility for cutting edge scientific research.
The Institute invites applications against the available vacancies (2022-2023) for short term internship (2 months) and project dissertation/training (6 months initially, which may be extended for another 6 months’ subject to satisfactory progress in the project under the guidance of faculty members of IASST) in the following areas:
1. Phytopharmaceuticals for metabolic syndrome/ Pharmaceutical Sciences/ Drug Discovery/ Plant-microbe interaction/ Microbial bioactive metabolites/ Fermented food, probiotics and gut Microbiome.
2. Nanoscience/ Nanotechnology/ Polyelectrolytes/ Nanocomposites/ bio- chemical sensors.
3. Plasma Physics/ Condensed Matter Physics/ Material Science/ Material Chemistry.
4. Heavy metal pollution/ Organic Chemistry.
5. Plasma radiation application to biology/ Amyloid genesis/ Neurodegeneration/ Biophysics.
6. Application of Artificial Intelligence.
7. Mathematics/Statistics/ Hydrodynamics/Hydro elasticity.
i. M.Sc. in Life Science / Microbiology / Biochemistry / Biotechnology / Bioengineering / Molecular Biology / Zoology / Nanoscience / Nanotechnology.
ii. M.Pharm / M.S. Pharm.
iii. B.Tech / M.Tech / M.Sc. in Physics/ Bio-physics / Chemistry / Material Science & Engineering / Chemical Engineering / Electrical engineering.
iv. BE / B.Tech / Masters in IT / Computer Science / Computer Applications/EEE.
v. M.Sc. in Mathematics/ Applied Mathematics/ Statistics/ Mathematics &Computing.
Application Procedure : Interested candidate should apply online in the institute website (iasst.gov.in) within 15 days from the date of publication of the advertisement. Incomplete applications and those received after the closing date will not be entertained. Candidates should submit a No Objection Certificate from the parent institute during online application submission. Those who are unable to submit NOC during application process should upload a self declaration certificate. NOC submission is compulsory before joining the internship/ dissertation/training at IASST.
Selection Procedure : Selection will be based on the merit (or via online interview) and selected candidates list will be uploaded in the IASST website. The decisions of the admission committee will be final and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
Internship/ dissertation/training fee :
1. Candidates selected for project dissertation/training will have to pay non- refundable fee of Rs. 2500 per month towards laboratory/chemical/equipment handling cost.
2. Candidates selected for internship will not be charged any fee.
Accommodation : Accommodation will not be provided to any student in the institute hostel.
The internship programme will start from December 2022 and dissertation/training from January 2023.
IASST’s Right: If suitable candidates are not found in any discipline, IASST reserves the right not to fill up its position for summer/winter session.
See All B.Sc Alerts Guwahati Alerts B.Pharm Alerts M.Pharm Alerts
See All Other Jobs in our Database