National Centre for Cell Science (NCCS) is an autonomous institute under the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science and Technology. NCCS was established with a tripartite mandate of serving as a national repository of animal cell cultures, undertaking research in cell biology and human resource development. NCCS is located within the academically-enriched campus of the S. P. Pune University. Since inception, NCCS has been carrying out cutting-edge research in cell biology, providing valuable services as a national animal cell repository and supporting human resource development through various teaching and training programmes. NCCS has been at the forefront of basic research in diverse fields of cell biology, especially those addressing paramount human health issues like cancer, metabolic and infectious diseases, and regenerative medicine.
Post : Director
Applications are invited from eminent scientists having proven scientific record in life sciences or medical with application to disease biology and possessing excellent leadership ability for the position of Director, NCCS on deputation (including short term contract/absorption basis). The position of Director offers a unique opportunity for the individual to provide strong and visionary leadership to the institution. The Director is the Chief Executive of the institute and shall be responsible for leading and nurturing the core multi-disciplinary faculty, developing research policy, developing and promoting collaboration with partner institutes and industry besides proper administration of the affairs of the Institute. The applicant must have a holistic vision and be capable of providing leadership in different areas of cell biology especially where NCCS has already made significant impact.
Scale of Pay and other benefits : The selected incumbent will be placed in the Level-15 (As per 7th CPC). Other benefits/allowances shall be as per rules applicable for appointment on deputation including Short-Term Contract /Absorption basis.
1. Scientists from Central / State Governments, Research Institutes, Autonomous Bodies, Government funded Research Organizations/ Institutes, etc.
2. Holding analogous post on regular basis in the parent Department; or
3 With 5 years service in post with Pay Level-14 (As per 7th CPC) or equivalent in the parent cadre/Department and possesses the qualification & experience as below.
(i) Ph.D.in any Life Science discipline/M.D./ M. Tech /M. V. Sc. or equivalent.
(ii) Minimum 15 years of research experience in the area of specialization such as Cell biology and Animal Tissue Culture.
(iii) Excellent track record, excellent scientific publications, patent and awards.
(i) Experience in successfully running large programme, centre and institution.
(ii) Experience of guiding research activities in the area of specialization.
Age limit and tenure of appointment
The period of deputation includes periods of deputation in other ex-cadre posts, held immediately preceding this appointment in the same or some other organisation/ Department should ordinarily not exceed five years. The maximum age limit for appointment on deputation (ISTC) should not exceed 58 years as on the closing date of receipt of applications.
How to apply / Nominate:
1. Complete applications (05 copies) strictly as per the prescribed format with a passport size photograph fixed at the space shown in the format along with testimonials including list of publications indicating impact factors should be sent to Shri Subodh Kumar Ram, Under Secretary, Department of Biotechnology , Room No. 509, Block-3, C.G.O. Complex, Lodi Road, New Delhi – 110 003, superscribing the cover “Application for the post of Director, National Centre for Cell Science, Pune, so as to reach within 30 days from the date of publication of this advertisement in “ Employment News “. The closing date for candidates residing abroad and from Andaman and Nicobar and Lakshadweep Island, states/ Union Territories in the North-Eastern region, Ladakh region of J&K, Sikkim, Sub-division of Chamba and Lahaul and Spiti district of Himachal Pradesh will be 45 days from the date of publication of this advertisement in “Employment News”. The soft copy of the application may also be sent by E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
2. Pay scale/pay level may be indicated as per 7th CPC. All the applicants are requested to submit the application through proper channel alongwith vigilance clearance.
3. Nominations of candidates by distinguished experts may also be considered, depending upon merit and the area of expertise. Eminent experts and distinguished scientist may also kindly nominate potential candidates for the position both by post and by e-mail at the above mentioned address.
See All Other Jobs in our Database