The seed for the establishment and growth of TANUVAS was sown as early as 1876, when the Madras Veterinary College was started as an Agricultural School in Chennai to offer diploma and certificate course in the field of veterinary and animal sciences. The institute attained the status of a college in the year 1903 (01.10.1903), when it started functioning at Dobbin Hall, Chennai and admitted 20 students for a three-year diploma course called GMVC (Graduate of Madras Veterinary College).
An interview will be conducted for filling up of following posts to work in the Project titled “Validation of the safety and therapeutic efficacy of Poorana Chandirodayam in Dimethylhydrazine dihydrochloride induced colon cancer in rats” at Department of Veterinary Pharmacology and Toxicology, Madras Veterinary College, Chennai 600 007, funded by Ministry of AYUSH
Junior Research Fellow - 01
Qualification : Post Graduate Degree in life sciences with NET / GATE qualification
Age limit : 28 years Age relaxation for SC/ST as per Govt. norms
Remuneration : Rs. 31,000 per month + admissible House Rent Allowance
Senior Research Fellow - 01
Qualification : Post Graduate Degree in life sciences/ MVSc / MD Siddha or Ph.D with NET/ GATE qualification and 02 years of research experience in the relevant field.
Age limit : 35 years Age relaxation for SC/ST as per Govt. norms
Remuneration : Rs. 35,000 per month + admissible House Rent Allowance
1. Desirable: Candidates with experience in handling lab animals and having worked in other research projects.
2. Qualified and interested candidates for the above posts may apply online with required documents scanned and sent to the Principal Investigator’s email ID firstname.lastname@example.org TAMIL NADU VETERINARY AND ANIMAL SCIENCES UNIVERSITY Department of Veterinary Pharmacology and Toxicology Madras Veterinary College, Chennai 600 007. on or before 16th November 2020 by 5 PM. The exact time for the test and interview for JRF and SRF posts will be intimated to the shortlisted candidates. 3. No TA / DA will be paid to the candidates for joining the post.
4. Canvassing in any form is a disqualification.
5. Mere attending the interview does not guarantee them the appointment and the selection will be based purely on merit basis.
6. Selected candidates are requested to produce all original certificates (UG / PG degrees, age proof, experience certificate, publications, NET certificate and any other testimonials that certify their competency to work in the project) at the time of joining.
7. Selection will be made as per the norms of ASRR, TANUVAS.
8. The appointment is made purely on temporary basis with a condition to terminate the appointment without giving any prior notice and the candidate should not claim any university service.
See All Other Jobs in our Database