The National Centre for Cell Science is an autonomous institution of Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India, for a mandate of basic research, teaching & training, and as a national repository for cell lines/hybridomas etc. The centre is located in the midst of academically enriched environment of University of Savitribai Phule Pune Campus, Pune. NCCS invites applications for following posts on various extramural projects purely on temporary basis.
Number of posts : 1 (One)
Name of the Project: COE: Project 2 - Cellular Stress Proteins in HIV Infection: Biochemical and Functional Characterization.
Name of the PI : Dr. Debashis Mitra
Essential Qualification & Experience : Ph.D/ MD / MS / MDS or equivalent degree or having 3 years of research, teaching and design and development experience after MVSc / M,Pharm / ME/ M.Tech with at least one research paper in Science Citation Indexed (SCI) journal.
Desirable Qualification & Experience : Candidates with experience in virology, animal cell culture and biochemical characterization of protein-protein interactions will be preferred.
Project Tenure : Up to 27/12/2021
Total Monthly Emoluments : Rs. 47,000/- + HRA
Upper Age limit : 35 years.
Junior Research Fellow
Name of the Project : Characterization of acute necrotizing encephalopathy-1 (ANE1) associated mutations in Nup358.
Name of the PI : Dr. Jomon Joseph
Essential Qualification & Experience : Post Graduate Degree in Basic Science or Graduate / Post Graduate Degree in Professional Course selected through a process described through any one of the following.
A. Scholars who are selected through National Eligibility Tests - CSIR-UGC NET including lectureship (Assistant Professorship] and GATE.
B. The selection process through National Level examinations conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and Institutions such as DST, DBT, DAE, DOS, DRDO, MHRD, ICAR, ICMR, IIT, IISc, USER etc.
Desirable Qualification & Experience : A minimum of one year research experience in animal cell culture, molecular biology and cell biology
Project Tenure : Upto 06.03.2022
Total Monthly Emoluments : Rs. 31000/- + HRA
Upper Age limit : 28 years
Number of posts : 01
Name of the Project : Epigenetic regulation of autophagy in development, differentiation and disease. >
Name of the PI : Dr. Deepika Puri.
Essential Qualification & Experience : BSc / 3 years Diploma in Engineering & Technology.
Desirable Qualification & Experience : Experience in Cell culture, qRTPCR, will be preferred.
Project Tenure : Up to August, 2022.
Total Monthly Emoluments : Rs. 20,000/- +HRA Increment of 15% for 3 years of experience with maximum ceiling of 4 such revisions i.e., up to 12 years of experience.
Upper Age limit : 50 years.
Name of the Project : Manav - Human Atlas Initiative.
Name of the PI : Dr. M, V. K. Sastry.
Essential Qualification & Experience : Ph. D/MD/MS/MDS or equivalent degree or having 3 years of research, teaching and design and development experience after MVSc/M.Pharm/ME/M.Tech with at least one research paper in Science Citation Indexed (SCI) journal.
Desirable Qualification & Experience : Experience in bio curation and annotations. Understanding of AI, NLP, ML processes like auto-annotations and scientific curation structures. Experience in big data visualization and building user specific dashboards.
• They along with domain experts will work in a team under the supervision of senior domain experts. They will be writing domain intensive scripts/programs for integrative analysis and predictive modelling of annotated data from literature. They will also be involved in testing Manav platform and communicate the defects and enhancements to the domain experts and software development team. They are required to interact with and learn from the Domain expert how the selection of papers will be done and what kind of readout the annotation tools will be making. They will work to contribute papers to the selection process and also test the quality of annotation to ensure the grading systems put in place are working correctly. Ultimately, they will also contribute towards scanning through available biomedical literature, identify suitable papers, categorize them, assign to suitable participating student and faculty teams, review the submitted annotations and assist in final sign off to maintain the quality of the data annotated and integrated in this project. They will also take questions from end users and in consultation with the domain expert address the same.
• Detailed job profile will be shared with the offer letter during the finalization of offer.
Project Tenure : Up to 26th February, 2022. ,
Total Monthly Emoluments : Rs. 50,000/-(Fixed] .
Upper Age limit : 35 years.
1) The complete application template in the prescribed format is available below this advertisement (as word and PDF file)
2) Mention “Serial Number & Name of Position” in the subject line of the email. You can apply for a maximum of three positions. If you are applying for more than one position, please send separate applications through email, with separate subject lines mid attach all other documents in all emails.
3) Recent passport size photograph and photocopies of relevant certificates, and other testimonials in support of age, qualification, experience etc. as mentioned below, may be scanned and attached with the application format which is enclosed below the advertisement.
4) In the email, the applicant must attach all self-attested scanned certificates in support of date of Birth, Educational Qualifications (Secondary School Certificate onwards), Work Experience (on respective letter heads wherever they have worked, signed and dated by the authorized person), Details of the Exams passed (Secondary School Certificate and Higher Secondary School Certificate (10+2), Graduate degree, Post-graduate degree, PhD, and other if any, Caste Certificate, if any. Originals Scanned copies of NET/GATE/National Level examinations conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and Institutions such as DST, DBT, DAE, DOS, DRDO, MHRD, ICAR, ICMR, IIT, IISc, IISER, etc and other relevant documents must be attached. Direct contact number should be included in the applications.
5) SC/ST/OBC candidates must produce proof of their caste certificate from appropriate authority. In addition, OBC candidates must also produce latest/valid non-creamy layer certificate in the prescribed form for claiming the reservation benefits.
6) The applications will be summarily rejected in absence of these certificates or any requested information, wherever applicable. There will not be any further communication in this regard from us.
7) There should be single PDF file of all documents including the format List of shortlisted candidates for interview selection process with details of date, time will be put up on the institute website below this advertisement and candidates will be informed by e-mail only.
8) In case if shortlisted for interview and upon successful selection, the applicant must bring all the original certificates in support of date of Birth, Educational Qualifications, Work Experience, Details of the Exams passed (Secondary School Certificate onwards), Caste Certificate, if any and other relevant documents, at the time of joining for the purpose of verification, along with one set of photocopies. An Offer letter would be valid subject to verification of your certificates with the original documents only, within one month of issue of the Offer letter. The duration of offer will be determined based on fund availability.
9) The Director, NCCS reserves the right to enhance/reduce the number of posts and also cancel the recruitment process. Additional percentage and experience cut-off will be applied during the screening process, if required.
10) The prescribed educational qualifications and experience are the bare minimum and mere possession of same does not entitle candidates to be called for online interview. The Centre reserves the right to call for online interview only those candidates who in its opinion are likely to be suitable.
11) Where number of applications received in response to this advertisement is large & it will not be convenient or possible to interview all the candidates. Based on the recommendations of screening committee, the project investigator may restrict the number of candidates to be called for the interview to a reasonable limit after taking into consideration of qualifications and desirable experience over and above the minimum prescribed, in the advertisement. Therefore, it will be in the interest of the candidates, to mention all the qualifications and experience in the relevant field at the time of applying. No interim enquiries/correspondence/communication of any sort will be entertained on this matter.
12) 5% Marks relaxation will be given to SC/ST/OBC candidates, over the prescribed percentage in respective post.
13) The above advertised positions are filled up purely on temporary basis for the limited time period on the extramural projects funded by DBT/DST/CSIR/ICMR/SERB etc./Government and private organizations. The position will automatically co-terminus on the completion of the project tenure.
Interested candidates should send the completed application by email to email@example.com on or before 08th June, 2021.
See All Other Jobs in our Database