Job in Novartis as Manager | Degree in Life science, Pharmacy
Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented and performance driven people. All of which makes them one of the most rewarding employers in their field.
Post : Manager - DM
1. Part of the DM Site Leadership Team and directly manages a team of 8-10 to data managers. Responsible for supervising the delivery and quality of all Data Management deliverables for assigned clinical development programs/projects for a given Disease Area or Franchise and closely works with the CTT & other stakeholders as required.Represent Clinical Data Management at cross-functional forums, meetings and provide timely feedback to partners.
2. Lead and support clinical & non-clinical special projects
3. Selects, recruits, develops, manages, motivates, coaches and appraises the performance of direct reports and ensure high quality performance management for assigned staff.
4. Assists Associate Director/Director in ensuring provision of timely, efficient & high quality Data Management deliverables for Global Programs within the remit
5. Assign, track and request appropriate resources for assigned Program(s) in line with organizational priorities in order to meet DM timelines.
6. If required, deputize for the Operational/Functional Manager.
7. Represent Clinical Data Management at cross-functional forums or meetings and provide timely feedback to partners.
8. Manage resource allocation for trials as required. 9. Provide all necessary support for Clinical Data Management team on any issues that may require management input or decision
10. Identify and evaluate process improvement suggestions and raise it for consideration at next level of management
11. Evaluates process improvement suggestions for further consideration at the next level of management
12. Oversight of deliverable within their assigned programs including those of the direct reports.
13. Utilizes status and metric reports to identify process & productivity efficiencies Ensures that the team has completed all their training requirements
14. Ensures that the associates are fully applying the GCP Principles, DM Standards, SOPs/WPs and process guidelines
15. Responsible for training and mentoring of new colleagues
16. Provides the ongoing training and development of direct reports.
17. Supervises long term training activities ensuring the development of DM subject matter experts
18. Able to lead and provide expert opinion/input to DM initiatives and innovations for quality, efficiency and continuous improvement.
19. Ensures that each associate has an up to date training and development plan in place
21. Efficient use of resources/estimation) through operational effectiveness and driving continuous improvement along with other Managers and help with hiring
22. Conducts performance appraisals, career planning and development of direct reports.
Candidate Profile :
University or college degree in life science, computer science, pharmacy, nursing or equivalent relevant degree. Fluent English (oral and written).
1. Ideally 8 years’ experience in drug development with at least 7 years in Clinical Data Management
2. At least 1 years' supervisory experience or demonstrated leadership ability
3. At least 2 years' Project Management experience (indication or program level)
4. Strong technical and problem solving skills, and ability to evaluate computer systems for Data Management. Excellent understanding of clinical trials methodology, GCP and medical terminology.
Experience: 7-8 years
Qualification: Degree in Life Science, Pharmacy
Industry Type: Pharma/ Healthcare/ Clinical research
Functional Area: Sales
Job ID: 212481BR
Last Date: 5th June, 2017
See All Other Jobs in our Database