INSPIRE Faculty Award Scheme at Punjab University
Post-Implementation of the Offer
1. In case the INSPIRE Faculty finds a permanent position during the tenure of the position at the same or any other Institution within the country, the Award amount shall be discontinued from the day the INSPIRE Faculty joins in permanent position, but he/she shall continue with the INSPIRE Faculty Scheme availing Research Grant portion of the offer for the remaining period to carry out research at the new Host Institution.
2. The INSPIRE Faculty is eligible for applying for any competitive grants from all funding agencies during the tenure of the INSPIRE Faculty position and would be favorably considered by DST for future support at the end of 5 years based on performance and technical merit.
3. Provision is available for supporting a research staff out of Research Grant support during the Award tenure of 5 years. In the event of getting employment elsewhere in the country other than the present Host Institute, the Awardee could also be allowed to move the research student, equipment etc, along with him/her to the new Host Institute.
4. The annual Research Grant of @ Rs 7 lakh per year (100%) [Rs 35 lakh for 5 years] shall be utilized for incurring expenditures under all Recurring and non-Recurring budget heads like adhoc Manpower cost, Consumable, Equipment, except Travel, Contingencies and Overheads which will be limited to 10% (i.e. Rs 70000 per year), 10% (i.e. Rs 70000 per year) and 5% (i.e. Rs 35000 per year) respectively.
5. Each Awardee needs to provide budget proposal with detailed break up as above for utilization of Research Grant to DST-INSPIRE. Awardee/ Host Institution needs to adhere the approved break up for entire period of 5 years.
6. Awardee shall be eligible to undertake short-term visit at any national or international Laboratory/ University/ Institute for further exposure and training to carry out research activities up to a maximum period of 18 months either in one or multiple slots during 5 years of Award tenure. The short-term visit will be considered only after completion of 12 months in Faculty Award position. However, multiple slots would be preferred (not more than 6 months in slot) and the short-term visit shall also be preferable in other than his or her post-doctoral place. This period will be treated as part of the Award period. In the event of receiving sustenance allowance from visiting Institute/ University/ Laboratory, the Faculty Awardee may not be eligible for availing the Award amount during the visiting period.
7. Awardee shall be required to utilize the webportal for submitting the annual financial documents and Annual Progress Report to DST-INSPIRE Cell. Performance evaluation at the end of two (2) and 4 (four) years shall be done on the progress of research achieved by a national level Expert Committee and further continuation of support to each Awardee shall depend upon the performance assessment by the Committee.
8. The Faculty Awardee shall administratively be governed by the prevailing rules and regulations of the Host Institution, especially on all types leaves and other matters. There will be no separate rules provided by DST-INSPIRE.
Transfer or Change of Host Institution
1. Transfer or Change of Host Institution either upon getting i) a permanent employment in another Institution or ii) for any other reason, in all such cases the Faculty Awardee needs to inform the DST-INSPIRE immediately with following documents to effect the change and smooth facilitation of funds etc. to Awardees:
* Appointment Letter for permanent employment or Justifications for change of Host,
* NoC from present Host Institute and Acceptance Letter from New Host Institute,
* Joining Letter at New Host Institute due to transfer or permanent employment (either same or different Host Institution),
* Fresh Signed copy of the Undertaking (not required in case of permanent employment at same Host Institution),
* Up to date Financial documents from the present Host Institute (also in case of permanent employment at the same Host Institute).
Roles and requirements of host institutions
1. Host institutions are encouraged to provide a congenial atmosphere for the awardees to excel in their work, and should view them as potential assets for faculty development.
2. INSPIRE Faculty position shall not be available for renewal after completion of 5 years’ duration. Host-institutions are expected to consider “INSPIRE Faculty” for permanent positions in due course, subject to meeting institutions’ performance assessment criteria.
3. In-breeding by host-institution is generally not encouraged. However, in case host-institutions are willing to nominate their own PhD students under this Scheme, specific justifications and commitment for development of independent directions of research should be clearly delineated.
4. Minimum information/ commitment requirements from Host Institutions are:
o Access to all common infrastructural facilities, acceptable laboratory and office space (independently or on shared basis), computing, library access, etc.,
o Information on whether desirable new areas/directions of research are being introduced through this scheme,
o Information on whether the INSPIRE Faculty will be allowed to supervise PhD students, hire research fellows, independently or jointly with a permanent faculty member,
o Host-institution’s willingness to consider the candidate for a permanent position in due course, subject to meeting statutory requirements.
The candidates may apply on a plain paper, along with their Curriculum Vitae, photocopy of all documents supporting their credentials specifying their Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Marital Status, Address, Telephone Number, E-mail, as per the DST advertisement.
APPLICATIONS SHOULD REACH THE UNDERSIGNED BY WEDNESDAY, i.e., 17th MAY 2017.
See All Other Jobs in our Database