IIT Ropar community has undertaken an important exercise of developing the Mission, Vision and Strategic Plan for the coming years. The exercise was carried out in active consultation with Indian Institute of Management Calcutta who have got technical expertise in this area. A participative bottom up approach was followed in formulating the Mission, Vision and Strategic Plan. Inputs from the entire IIT Ropar fraternity, MHRD, Board of Governors, Alumni and Industries were considered in the process. Finally we have arrived at the following Motto, Mission and Vision statements for our institute.
Special Drive for Admission to PhD Programme at IIT Ropar for OBC/SC/ST candidates
PhD In Sciences
Research areas of Chemistry :
1. Physical and Inorganic Chemistry (Batteries,Fuel Cells, Electrochemistry, Electrochemical Sensors, Heterogeneous Catalysis and Materials Synthesis, Metal-Organic Frameworks, Inorganic and Organometallic Chemistry, Inorganic Synthesis and Catalysis, Sensors and Supramolecular Synthesis)
2. Theoretic Chemistry (Theoretical and Computational Chemistry, Nuclear Magnetic Resonance: Theory and Experiments, Machine Learning)
3. Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry (Biomaterials, Boron Chemistry in Peptides, Drug Delivery, Organic Synthesis, Peptide for Bacterial Infection Imaging Agents and Interaction with Model Membranes)
Masters or equivalent degree in Chemistry/Biochemistry/ Materials Science and Technology/Pharmaceutical Sciences/Biotechnology/Physics or relevant areas with First Class (6.5 grades point out of 10) or 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST).
Candidates meeting this requirement must also fulfill one of the following additional requirements with valid
a) GATE Qualification
b) UGC/CSIR-NET or Equivalent qualification.
c) DST-INSPIRE or other national fellowship
Candidates with M. Tech or equivalent with First Class (6.5 grades point out of 10) or 60% marks are exempted from requirement of GATE qualification
How to apply
Steps for applying online
Welcome to the online admission Portal of IIT Ropar. Please follow below mentioned step(s) for applying online:
1. Get a login: Create yourself a login by visiting the URL http://onlineportal.iitrpr.ac.in/ to get started with the application process (see a line above heading "You must login or register to view this form"). Choose the option "Create new account" in the user login menu, enter a login name of your choice and a valid email address. An email will be sent from IIT Ropar's mail-id for verification. Please click on the link provided in the mail to validate your account and to login to set your password. Use this password along with the login name you provided to login to this site.
2. You can change your password or request to reset the password on this portal.
3. Login to the site and follow the links in the Main menu on the left to fill your application form online.
4. Email alerts will be sent to your email address, please make sure that mails with the from address "@iitrpr.ac.in" do not get caught in your spam / junk mail folder.
5. It is requested not to fill the form in Private Browsing Mode or Incognito Mode.
6. Your application is not submitted until you 'click' submit button. After submission you will receive an acknowledgment mail on your registered mail-id.
7. While uploading document(s) in form give the a Unique Name [firstname_lastfivedigits_of_your_mobile_no.pdf] to avoid uploading errors.
8. For any further Technical Details / Queries, send us a mail on: firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Application fee for PhD:
For GEN/ OBC: Rs. 200
For Women/ SC/ ST/ PWD: Rs. 100
Rs. 500 for GEN/OBC/EWS
Rs. 250 For SC/ST/PWD
10. Mode of fee payment: SB collect
Procedure for payment through SB collect:
1. Go to onlinesbi.com/
2. Select SB collect
3. Tick the terms and conditions and continue
4. Select state - Punjab
5. Select educational institute - IIT Ropar
6. Select the option for payment category
7. Pay the requisite fee
Last Date : 13-03-2023
See All Other Jobs in our Database