Vacancy for Associate Scientist at Nektar Therapeutics | Ph.D or M.Pharm
Nektar Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing a pipeline of drug candidates that utilize its PEGylation and polymer conjugate technology platforms, which are designed to improve the benefits of drugs for patients. Its product pipeline consists of drug candidates across a number of therapeutic areas, including oncology, pain, anti-infectives, anti-viral and immunology. Nektar's research and development activities involve small molecule drugs, peptides and other potential biologic drug candidates.
Post : Associate Scientist
• Develop appropriate immunoassays for new chemical entities and biomarkers using ELISA and MSD platform to quantify proteins in complex matrices such as plasma or serum. Independently design and conduct experiments, and interpret and summarize data. Must be able to think creatively about assay development.
• Perform Method validation and sample analysis as per regulatory bioanalytical guidance/ industry practices/internal SOPs.
• Ensure activities conducted in the bioanalytical lab are in compliance with established SOPs, procedures, systems, regulatory guidance without deviating from established procedures.
• Regular interaction with QA (Quality Assurance) during data and reports review, closure of observations, reports sign off and archival.
• Ensure timely calibrations and maintenance of equipment.
• Collaborate with other members of the Bioanalytical team, and Research Biology and Pharmacology teams.
• Ensure assay robustness to allow successful inter lab transfer for GLP assay development Program and validate liquid handling systems for high throughput assay methods.
• Interpret results – anticipate and understand the issues related to the assay.
• Participate in, and present data to project teams. Communicate with research management on a regular basis and assist with development of research goals and strategies.
• May need to manage and supervise junior scientists to perform routine BA lab operation.
• A recent Ph.D or M.Sc or M.Pharm in Pharmacy, Biochemistry, Protein Chemistry, Analytical Biochemistry, Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry with 5-9 years work experience in a research and/or development environment is required.
• Expertise in a broad range of immunoassay techniques, including excellent liquid handling skills, both manual and robotic.Must be detail-oriented and able to conduct experiments in a precise and accurate manner.
• Expertise in bioanalytical method development using LBA techniques, excellent technical and problem-solving capabilities.
• Must have good knowledge on Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) procedures and bioanalysis related guidance documents on OECD, USFDA and EMA.
• Ability to work with CROs for technology transfer.
• Ability to summarize and present the data.
• Able to think creatively and strategically within his/her area of expertise.
• Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Hands on experience on LC-MS/MS and electronic data management like LIMS, eLN will be considered an added advantage.
Experience : 5-9 years
Qualification : Ph.D or M.Sc. or M. Pharm
Location : Hyderabad, India
Industry Type : Pharma/ Healthcare/ Clinical research
Functional Area : R&D
Requisition Number : IN5021-3450-R
End Date : 30th April 2020
See All Other Jobs in our Database