Under the Drug and Cosmetics Act, the regulation of manufacture, sale and distribution of Drugs is primarily the concern of the State authorities while the Central Authorities are responsible for approval of New Drugs, Clinical Trials in the country, laying down the standards for Drugs, control over the quality of imported Drugs, coordination of the activities of State Drug Control Organisations and providing expert advice with a view of bring about the uniformity in the enforcement of the Drugs and Cosmetics Act. Drug Controller General of India is responsible for approval of licenses of specified categories of Drugs such as blood and blood products, I. V. Fluids, Vaccine and Sera. Central Drugs Standard Control Organization Head quarter is located at FDA Bhawan, Kotla Road, New Delhi 110002 and functions under the Directorate General of Health Services.
Drugs Controller General (India), MoH&FW intends recruiting a suitable person against the position of Research Scientist (Medical Devices & Diagnostics) on purely contractual basis.
Post : Research Scientist
Rules & Responsibilities;
• Undertaking technical assessment for devices & diagnostics.
• Providing technical assistance towards identification and regulation medical devices & diagnostics
• Analysis of data/market research on quality assessments.
• Undertaking other assignments, which may be assigned from time to time.
Educational Qualification and Experience;
• B. Tech/B.E in Electrical/Instrumentation/Clinical/Biomedical Engineering/PG in Biotechnology from recognized Institute/University; Post Graduate Diploma in similar discipline would be desirable.
• Computer proficiency with high level of familiarity with commonly used package like MS Word, Excel Power Point & Web Surfing to search relevant data & documents.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, analytical and interpersonal abilities, excellent oral and written communication skill in English.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
• Experience of working in Medical Devices manufacturing/medical devices research/medical devices testing Laboratory for a minimum period of 2 years will be desirable.
Age Limit : No Age Limit.
Remuneration : Rs. 50,000/- consolidated (per month).
Tenure of position; Initially for a period up to 31.07.2018 which may be extended from time to time as per requirement of work.
Location ; New Delhi with requirement of travel to States.
Last date for receipt of application
Application must reach the undersigned at CDSCO(HQ), FDA Bhawan, Kotla Road, New Delhi up to 2nd April, 2018 by mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the prescribed proforma of application enclosed and no extra documents like certificates/degree etc. are required to be sent with the application. These will be checked at the time of interaction.
See All Other Jobs in our Database