Require Director/Associate Director, Medicinal Chemists at Merck
At Merck, you'll find rewarding opportunities, diverse experiences and an unwavering commitment to ethics and integrity. As part of our global team, you'll collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues whose sense of purpose complements your own.
Whatever your career path — whether it's research, sales, marketing, manufacturing, supply, IT, policy, or supporting our business in another way — Merck offers opportunities to develop and expand your career while making a true difference in people's lives.
Post: Director/Associate Director, Medicinal Chemists
Merck and Co., Inc. is seeking to hire senior (Director/Associate Director level) medicinal chemists to join our drug discovery team in the MSD China R&D. In the dynamic environments of Shanghai or Beijing.
The successful candidate will be responsible for execution of external chemistry collaborations directed toward successful drug discovery objectives while working closely with Merck's external partners in Asia. Candidates will also work closely with the Merck program leadership in the global sites, understand the key issues in the drug discovery programs, and work with the external partners in Asia to solve the problems required to advance Merck's drug discovery pipeline. Key activities will include:
• Function as an independent leader in medicinal chemistry and synthetic chemistry with strong scientific and analytical skills
• Optimize the day-to-day execution of integrated drug discovery efforts
• Provide the required technical expertise to enable successful completion of project objectives in collaboration with appropriate medicinal chemistry program lead
• Help guide creative thinking and identify or develop novel methodologies necessary to optimize the MRL chemistry strategies
• Continuously assess or improve operational effectiveness
• Ability to communicate clearly and candidly while encouraging innovative thinking. Strong influencing skills in order to align resources with strategy.
• Mentor scientists at external partners.
• Promote Merck externally in the scientific and business communities
This position is located in Beijing or Shanghai, China.
One-way internaltional relocation will be provided.
Education: Ph.D. degree in chemistry or related discipline
Successful candidates should have a Ph.D. degree in chemistry or related discipline with at least 10 years of drug discovery experience preferred.
Require demonstrated significant medicinal chemistry accomplishments and superb synthetic chemistry skills, as evident from publication and patent records or history of achievement.
The candidate should also have demonstrable leadership, communication and collaboration skills as candidates are expected to interact daily with Merck's external partners in Asia, and work regularly with the global program leadership.
Proven ability to foster teamwork and work effectively within high performance teams and/or matrix organization are critical.
Fluency both in English and in Mandarin is required.
Experience: Min. 10 Years
Functional Area: R&D
Industry Type: Pharma/Biotech/Clinical Research
End Date: 30th March, 2014
See All Other Jobs in our Database
PLEASE NOTIFY THAT THIS JOB IS EXPIRED.
FIND LATEST JOBS BY CLICKING LINKS BELOW.