Vacancy for Lead Consultant, Senior Consultant at NIHFW - Government Job | Remuneration Upto Rs.1,70,000/- pm
The National Institute of Health and Family Welfare (NIHFW), was established on 9th March, 1977 by the merger of two national level institutions, viz. the National Institute of Health Administration and Education (NIHAE) and the National Institute of Family Planning (NIFP). The NIHFW, an autonomous organization, under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, acts as an ‘apex technical institute’ as well as a ‘think tank’ for the promotion of health and family welfare programmes in the country.
Lead Consultant – Human Resources for Health (1 Post)
Qualification & Experience
• MPH/MBA/ PGDM (Health or Hospital Management)/ Post Graduation in Health Management or equivalent from a recognized and reputed institute preferably with professional and clinical qualification (preferably in medical, nursing, dental, or allied and healthcare streams)
• Minimum 7 years’ post qualification experience in the field of public health at national level of which at least 5 years‘ of experience with specific focus on Human Resources for Health (HRH) strengthening and policy development, thorough understanding of regulation and statutory mechanisms, healthcare workforce classification and stakeholders, HRH strategies and Global workforce scenario.
• Demonstrated ability to work with multiple stakeholders and within a multidisciplinary team environment
• Work experience in the relevant field will be given due weight age.
• Robust understanding of health system along with strong research, analytical, writing and communication skills to accomplish tasks mentioned in the roles and responsibilities.
Remuneration range in Rs : Rs. 1,30,000/- to Rs. 1,70,000/- p.m.
Age Limit : Upper limit 40 years as on the last date of receiving application.
Role and Responsibilities: The consultant will work towards strengthening the HRH initiatives at the programmatic and policy level pertaining to various thematic areas under the HRH Unit, under the overall supervision of the Technical Advisor and in close coordination with the Director (HRH) as appropriate. The Consultant will work on the following thematic areas-
• Provide technical assistance and programmatic support for development of National HRH strategy, evidence based policies (including migration policy), HRH governance frameworks, legislations, guidelines and SOPs, as required.
• Provide technical support for annual report on Human Resources for Health in India by undertaking detailed State HRH profiling and regularly monitoring the indicators in close coordination with the relevant stakeholders
• Provide technical support to ensure collation of information from regulators and department to enable annual Health labour market analysis- supply and demand estimates (numbers), training needs (competencies and skill gaps)and HRH data analysis, need based projections, taking into account disease burden, trends, professional development and international requirements as well as forecasting of HRH for policy decisions.
• Maintain database related to health work force (such as National Health Workforce Accounts) platform and update the information on annual basis after due approvals .Periodically review the HRH-IS to cross check data quality and coordinate with relevant departments on the discrepancies as well as communicate the same to relevant stakeholders
• Review licensing systems and scope of practice requirements (new cadres, possibilities of task shifting etc.) for various cadres in close coordination with regulatory bodies and support the departments in developing strategic frameworks, recruitment rules by generating evidence.
• Support in developing and commissioning studies for understanding issues of HRH planning and management.
• Mobilize resources, review progress and provide guidance to the Consultant teams in executing work across different thematic areas.
• Undertake such other assignments, which may be assigned by from time to time by the supervisors.
For More Info Go Next Page...