Job Opportunity for Medical Writer in PPD
PPD is a leading global contract research organization providing discovery, development and post-approval services as well as compound partnering programs. Our clients and partners include pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, academic and government organizations. With offices in 32 countries and more than 9,000 professionals worldwide, PPD applies innovative technologies, therapeutic expertise and a commitment to quality to help its clients and partners maximize returns on their R&D investments and accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics to patients
Post: Medical Writer
Provides high-quality medical and scientific writing from planning and coordination of literature search through delivery of final drafts to internal and external clients.
Provides technical consultation and provides advice on strategy, regulations and industry best practices.
Demonstrates subject matter and therapeutic area expertise.
Effectively manages medical writing projects to deliver quality products in agreed timelines.
Collaborates with internal and external clients, supporting and enabling effective and efficient communication that results in operational excellence.
· Independently develops and edits complex clinical or scientific documents, such as manuscripts, posters, abstracts, oral presentation slide decks, and review articles.
· Participates in developing project timelines, standards, budgets, forecasts, and contract modifications.
· Manages project budget and forecast.
· Contributes to developing contract modifications with oversight.
· Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
· Developing professional expertise, applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
· Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new projects or assignments. Exercises judgement within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
· Contacts are primarily internal to the company with infrequent external customer/ vendor contacts on routine matters. Builds productive internal/external working relationships.
Bachelor's degree in a scientific discipline or equivalent and relevant formal academic /vocational qualification
Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 2+ years’) or equivalent combination of education, training, & experience.
Experience working in the pharmaceutical/CRO industry preferred
Solid medical writing skills, including grammatical, editorial, and proofreading skills
Ability to interpret and present complex data accurately and concisely
Good knowledge of regulatory documentation and drug development process
Good computer skills and skilled with client templates; Good knowledge of document management systems and other relevant applications (e.g. Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to work in an upright and /or stationary position for 6-8 hours per day.
- Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists.
- Light to moderate lifting and carrying (or otherwise moves) objects including luggage and laptop computer with a maximum lift of 15-20 lbs.
- Ability to access and use a variety of computer software developed both in-house and off-the-shelf.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Frequently interacts with others to obtain or relate information to diverse groups.
- Performs a wide range of variable tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions with little predictability as to the occurrence. Ability to perform under stress. Ability to multi-task.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
Industry Type: Pharma/ Biotech/Clinical Research
Functional Area: Medical Writing
End Date: 30th June, 2019
See All Other Jobs in our Database