Applications are invited for Professor, Assistant Professor at Banaras Hindu University
6. Before starting to fill up the form, please ensure keeping ready a digital copy of passport size photograph in JPEG format not exceeding 50 kb in file size and digital copies of some best publications, if any, for up-loading.
7. While filling the online application, if the browser closes unexpectedly or if the candidate is logged out, he/she may use the login information sent to his/her email to login again.
8. Please ensure to enter all your research publications and other Academic/Research contributions in the online application. Only the information entered in the online applications will be taken into account for deciding eligibility and/or shortlisting. Uploading digital copies of publications is optional. Filling all mandatory fields is required to make your application Complete.
9. Incomplete applications will not be considered and will be REJECTED.
10. There are several Tabs in your application. After completing each tab, you should click on “Save and Proceed” button to save the information and move to the next tab. Completing all tabs is necessary. After filling all tabs, the candidate can finally submit his application. Please note that you cannot make any changes after that.
11. In case of any technical problems, please send an email to email@example.com
12. On successful submission of your form you can pay on- line application fee day of form submission on the next day and the applicant will get a link download a PDF on next day of fee payment, which he/she will have to print and send to BHU after signing it and having it forwarded by his employer, if any, enclosing therewith the copies of the relevant certificates and documents, so as to reach BHU by the cutoff date.
13. On successful submission, the applicant will come across a link to download a PDF of the application, which he/she will have to print and send to BHU after signing it and having it forwarded by his employer, if any, enclosing therewith the copies of the relevant certificates and documents, so as to reach BHU by the cutoff date.
14. Please note that sending the duly signed printout of the PDF alongwith all enclosures is mandatory without which the applications may not be considered for further processing. Mere eligibility will not entitle any candidate for being called for interview. More stringent criteria may be applied for short-listing the candidates to be called for interview. Applicants having higher qualification and merit will be given preference. Candidates must send self-attested copies of certificates and mark-sheets from matriculation (10th Standard) onwards in support of their qualifications and reprints of publications and certificates in support of their API score claimed (for teaching positions) for the post alongwith the hard copy of the application form.
15. Applicants may update their qualifications and other academic achievements, etc. (for API/Quality score) by logging-in in the portal using their login ID and Password till cutoff date as prescribed under the particular Rolling Advertisement. Applicants are not allowed to update their application beyond the cutoff date. However, if the post remains unfilled till the next cut-off date, the candidates will be permitted to update their applications by the cutoff date. The eligibility of candidate for a particular round of selection shall be decided as on the cutoff date of that round.
16. Good Academic Record for all teaching positions shall be as defined in the Ordinance of BHU.
17. Relevant grade which is regarded as equivalent of 55% wherever the grading system is followed by a recognized University shall also be considered eligible.
18. A relaxation of 5% may be provided, from 55% to 50% of the marks to the Ph.D. degree holders, who have obtained their Master's Degree prior to 19th September, 1991.
19. The relaxation of marks for the SC/ST/OBC/Specially-abled (Physically and Visually specially abled) categories will be as per UGC Regulations on Minimum qualifications for appointment of Teachers and Other Academic Staff in Universities and Colleges and Measures for the Maintenance of Standards in Higher Education 2010 as amended from time to time.
20. The relaxation in age will be admissible as per Government of India/University norms.
21. The eligibility of an application shall be determined in accordance with the UGC Regulations, 2010 and its subsequent amendments and/or in accordance with the relevant regulations of concerned Regulatory bodies.
22. For teaching positions short-listing shall be done as per guidelines approved by Executive Council of the University.
23. The Ordinances governing the procedure to be followed by the Selection Committee may be seen on the portal of the Recruitment & Assessment Cell on the BHU website.
24. Mere eligibility will not entitle any candidate for being called for interview. More stringent criteria including holding written test may be applied for short-listing the candidates to be called for interview. Applicants having higher qualification and merit or higher marks in the written test will be given preference.
25. The University shall verify the antecedents or documents submitted by a candidate at the time of appointment or during the tenure of the service. In case, it is detected that the documents submitted by the candidates are fake or the candidate has a clandestine antecedent/ background and has suppressed the said information, then his/her services shall be terminated.
26. The University reserves the right to withdraw any advertised post(s) at any time without giving any reason. Any consequential vacancies arising at the time of interview may also be filled up from the available candidates. TheUniversity may, at its discretion, fill up any future vacancy belonging to Gen./SC/ST/OBC as per roster point out of the available candidates. The number of positions is thus open to change. The University may relax/review the qualification/ experience and age limit at its discretion at any stage and in case of candidates with exceptional merit.
27. A candidate belonging to any reserved category who desires to be considered for any unreserved post also besides the posts under reserved category, will have to submit separate forms for Unreserved posts and reserved posts.
28. In case of any inadvertent mistake in the process of selection which may be detected at any stage even after the issue of appointment letter, the University reserves right to modify/withdraw/cancel any communication made to the candidate.
29. In case of any dispute/ambiguity that may occur in the process of selection, the decision of the University shall be final.
30. Applicants who are in employment should route their application through proper channel or should submit a "No Objection Certificate" from the employer prior to the interview, failing which they may not be considered further.
31. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
32. No interim correspondence shall be entertained.
33. On the positions reserved for specially abled persons (OH, VI, HH), all categories of specially abled persons are requested to apply since if the designated category of specially abled person is not available, the post may be filled with other categories of specially abled suitable and eligible candidates applied and available.
34. The applications shall be invited through online mode. The applicants should be required to submit their downloaded application form (hard copy) after filling it online, along with all the enclosures to the Office of the Registrar, (Recruitment & Assessment Cell), Holkar House, BHU, Varanasi-221005 by last date of submission of application, i.e. the hard copy of the application along with the enclosures must reach to the Office of the Registrar, (Recruitment & Assessment Cell), Holkar House, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi -221005 by the last date of submission of applications.
35. The eligibility of the candidate will be determined on the last date of submission of application in the Recruitment & Assessment Cell, Holkar Houser, BHU, Varanasi, i.e., 07.07.2018.
36. Please visit our website: bhu.ac.in/rac for application form, details of qualifications and other instructions in this regard.
Cut-off date for Teaching posts for submission of downloaded application form along with the enclousers in the Office of the Registrar Recruitment & Assessment Cell, Holkar House, BHU, Varanasi -221005 (U.P.) on or before 07.07.2018
See All Other Jobs in our Database