Career in Centre for Cellular and Molecular Platforms as Facility - in- charge
Centre for Cellular and Molecular Platforms (C-CAMP), is a Dept. of Biotechnology (Govt. of India) initiative and a not for profit organization based in Bangalore. We act as an enabler of Bioscience Research, Innovation and Entrepreneurship by providing Research, Development, Training and Services in State Of The Art Technology Platforms. As a part C-CAMP's mandate of promoting entrepreneurship and innovation, C-CAMP has created and fostered an entrepreneur-friendly culture in and around academic/research environment through its involvement in seed funding schemes for Startups, Entrepreneur Mentorship program and Bio-incubation facility.
Post : Facility - in- charge
The successful candidate will:
* Lead the CCAMP Proteomics Core Facility and coordinate a team of technicians and trainees.
* Consult scientists on the technical capabilities of shotgun/discovery and targeted proteomic approaches
* Support on campus academic researchers with state-of-the-art proteomic analyses
* Develop and implement new techniques to keep the performance of the unit at the highest possible level
* Adapt hard and software as appropriate
* Coordinate activities with other labs within the CCAMP/inStem/NCBS campus to maximize synergy
* Managing the day-to-day operations of the Proteomics and Mass Spectrometry core facility.
* Develop and improve operation of the proteomics facility.
* Develop tools, methods and approaches to analyze proteomics datasets
* Lead training programs for students and trainees to learn hands-on proteomics, enable trainees to use on campus equipment to carry out cutting edge proteomics.
* Ensuring that the facility maintains state-of-the-art instrumentation and is working at the frontiers of the relevant field.
* Aid in biological interpretation of proteomic data
* Prepare/process samples for protein analysis
* Use LC/MS/MS equipment and software tools to acquire data on extracted samples
* Lead staff who will perform standard QA/QC procedures
* Ensure routine maintenance on analytical instrumentation
* Present work at internal and external meetings
* Overseeing budget and spending;
* Analyzing the cost of research projects;
* Overseeing and maintaining essential equipment; Purchasing materials and supplies; general lab maintenance.
For more info on next page...