Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients. Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Post : Research Associate I
The successful candidate for this role will bring familiarity and experience in material compendial testing – in particular polymeric materials – pertinent to use in drug and device industry. The role requires the candidate to design, develop and perform material testing at in-house labs and/or coordinate the testing with external testing houses with minimal supervision. The individual will write required reports following pertinent internal and external guidelines that enable the eventual use of materials tested by them in drugs or devices that Baxter makes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform material testing & qualification in the laboratory in order to enable usage of the materials tested in drug and/or medical device products.EP, USP compliance testing on disposables (e.g. filters, dialyzers, polymeric connectors etc.), packaging, and container closure materials and container systems).
• Employ appropriate techniques/methods to successfully and independently execute assignments within negotiated deadlines.
• Apply technical theories and principles to projects within area of expertise and select select appropriate techniques and procedures to solve problems.
• Document results in laboratory notebooks/ELN according to established GDP procedures.
• Maintain laboratory reagents, materials and equipment as directed in good order.
• Create and update equipment SOP’s and analytical procedures, participate in ordering of raw materials, analytical materials or equipment.
• Maintain knowledge of and apply relevant quality and safety requirements including equipment ownership and qualification.
• Have a working knowledge and understanding of GLP, GDP, GMP and related regulations and guidelines.
• Masters’ degree in a relevant field (e.g., Analytical Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Chemistry/Analysis, Material science, Polymer technologies), with minimum 2 years’ of relevant professional experience
• PhD candidates with dissertation work relevant to material compendial testing are encouraged to apply.
• Demonstrated hands on experience in HPLC/UPLC, UV-Vis spectroscopy, wet chemistry sample preparation techniques, and in operation of analytical tools/instruments such as weighing balances, pH meters etc. required.
• The successful candidate will demonstrate high level of passion and interest in material science, analytical chemistry and applications of that knowledge to be an effective problem solver in an industrial setting.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
• Ability to effectively contribute as the integral member of a project team.
• Ability to objectively assess, organize, and clearly communicate information.
• Ability to interpret available information and make recommendations to resolve technical challenges.
• Ability to appropriately prioritize work assigned to meet project deliverables in a timely manner.
• Demonstrate inclusive attitude, collaborate with team members and cross-functional teams for project deliverables.
• Contribute to efforts beyond own scope of responsibilities to ensure project milestones are met.
• Provide and accept critical feedback from others in a constructive manner.
• Adapt to changes and exhibit an agile mindset.
• Embrace diversity and inclusion, value differences.
Experience : 2 years
Qualification : Ph.D or M.Pharm, M.Sc
Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka
Industry Type : Pharma
Functional Area : Research and Development
End Date : 30th July, 2023
See All Other Jobs in our Database