Job for Program Manager under DBT-BIRAC | Remuneration Rs. 90,000/- per month
About the Mission
The National Biopharma Mission is an Industry-Academia Collaborative Mission of Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India for Accelerating Early Development for Biopharmaceuticals; to be implemented by Biotechnology Research Assistance Council (BIRAC)-a Public Sector Undertaking of DBT Approved by the Government for implementation at a total cost US$ 250 million the Mission is co-funded 50% with World Bank loan assistance. The Mission Programme is a Pan-India Programme with the main aim of making India a hub for design and development of novel, affordable and effective biopharmaceutical products and solutions. This Program would aid in enhancing India’s innovation research and product development capabilities, especially by focusing on development of vaccines, biologics and medical devices for combating public health concerns. The Program would aid academic researchers (through enhancing their translation capability); empower bio-entrepreneurs and SMEs (by decreased cost and risk during early stages of product development) and the industry (by elevating their innovation quotient). Anticipated long term impact would benefit the Indian population at large benefit due to availability of affordable solutions and products relevant to Indian health needs.
About the Implementation Agency:
Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC) a Public Sector Undertaking of the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, and Government of India has been entrusted the responsibility of implementing this Program. It will house the Program Management Unit (PMU) that would work as an operational and functional arm to oversee and monitor program implementation.
Clinical trials (PM-01, Vacancy-01)
Position Summary & Responsibilities
The Program Manager (PM) will serve in the Program Management Unit for i3 program at BIRAC. Reporting to Mission Director, PMU the PM will get opportunity to contribute to strategic thinking for strengthening clinical trial capacity, establishing clinical trial networks and responsibility for monitoring the clinical trials network field sites and clinical trials being funded under NBM; communicate progress and setbacks against strategic goals; and importantly create and manage grants/contracts as part of a team for various projects supported under the Mission.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
• Coordinating with stakeholders involved in clinical trial conduct and management
• Responsibilities for Implementation of the Mission Program which includes writing of RFAs for soliciting proposals, working with national and international experts for scientific evaluation and assessment of proposal.
• Working with Legal and Finance to get all necessary Contracts and Agreements ready for the I3 Program.
• Coordination and administration of all aspects of new and ongoing projects including planning and implementation.
• Responsible for all Program Investment and Financial Planning.
• Ensure timely execution of all activities.
• Proper monitoring both technical and financial of the projects working closely with the Scientific and Technical Advisory groups for project review, new area prioritization and preparing a strategy for implementation.
• Responsible for organizing all Meetings, Interaction and Advisory Group Discussion including international conferences and workshops.
• In addition to scientific expertise, the Program Manager must also bring in passion, humility, and critical thinking for the unique problems and the questions relevant to BIRAC’s mission.
• Prepare and implement an effective communication and outreach strategy.
• To work and communicate with grantees and key stakeholders including members of Technical Advisory Groups, BIRAC, DBT and World Bank.
Qualifications and Experience
• M.Sc in Life Sciences / Biological Sciences / MBBS with minimum 6 years of experience including 2 years of experience in managing Clinical trials.
• Ph.D / MD
• Experience in Monitoring of clinical trials (Phase I to Phase III clinical trials)
• Demonstrated outstanding written and oral communication skills in positions requiring communications in a broad and diverse audience on a range of complex technical issues.
• Demonstrated strong planning and analytical skills. Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
• Demonstrated capacity and Experience to handle collaboration within an organization and with external partners, as well as ability to work with efficiency and diplomacy as part of a team effort.
• Ability to organize/prioritize work and meet deadlines within a fast-paced environment with multiple and competing demands.
• Proactive and flexible nature with reliable follow-through and attention to detail.
• Ability to work both independently and in a cooperative and collegial fashion.
• Ability and willingness to travel domestic and international.
Age Limit : 40 Years
Salary : Consolidated remuneration Rs. 90,000/- per month
For More Info Go Next Page...