Opening for Scientist / Senior Scientist in Central Salt & Marine Chemicals Research Institute
CSIR-Central Salt & Marine Chemicals Research Institute is a premier national laboratory under Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR), New Delhi. The Institute undertakes a wide range of basic and applied R&D projects spanning the areas of chemistry, biology and engineering. The Institute has excellent infrastructure by way of sophisticated analytical instruments, modem laboratories, pilot plants, library, local area network and workshop.
Applications are invited in the prescribed form from talented and result-oriented Indian Nationals for 1 post Scientist/Senior Scientist, as per the following details:
Post : Scientist / Senior Scientist 01 [PwD - HH]
Pay Band and Grade Pay : PB-3 [Rs 15600-39100] Plus Grade Pay of 6600/- for the post of Scientist and Rs 7600/- for the post of Senior Scientist
Essential Qualification etc : For the post of Scientist: Ph.D. (submitted) in Chemistry;
For the post of Senior Scientist: Ph.D. in Chemistry with 2 years’ post Ph.D. experience relevant to the job.
Detailed job Description : Material characterization and analytical method development utilizing instruments such as X-ray diffractomter, electron microscope, mass, spectrometer, thermal analyzers etc.
Upper age Limit : 32 years for the post of Scientist and 37 years for the post of Senior Scientist.
Total monthly emoluments : Rs 65458/- for the post of Scientist and Rs 75625/- for the post of Senior Scientist.
Abbreviations used : UR: Un-reserved; SC: Scheduled Caste; ST: Scheduled Tribe; OBC: Other Backward classes; HH: Hearing Impaired, PwD: Persons with Disabilities.
1. The positions carry Pay and Allowances, such as HRA, TA, DA etc. at Central Government rates as applicable to the employees of Council stationed at Bhavnagar. Other benefits, such as Leave Travel Concession and Reimbursement of medical expenses, are also available. The employees are provided with residential accommodation as per CSIR rules.
2. Scientists in Pay Band -3 are eligible for 2 additional increments (without DA) after their normal pay fixation and Professional update allowance of ? 10,000/- per annum. The emoluments indicated above are inclusive of the additional increments.
3.The additional increments are not treated as a part of pay for any purpose.
4. CSIR provides excellent opportunities to deserving candidates for career advancement under Assessment Promotion scheme for Scientific & Technical Staff.
5. All new entrants will be governed by the "New Pension Scheme" on defined Contributions for new entrants recruited in Central Government Services on or after 01-01-2004, as adopted by CSIR for its employees. However,persons selected from other Government Departments/ Autonomous Bodies / Public Sector Undertakings / Central Universities having Pension Scheme on GOI pattern and who are presently being governed by the Old Pension Scheme will continue to be governed by the existing Pension Scheme i.e. CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972.
AGE LIMIT AND RELAXATIONS:
1.The date for determining the age limit/experience/qualifications shall be the closing date prescribed for receipt of applications i.e. 05.08.2016.
2.Age relaxation of 5 years to the members of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes and 3 years to the members of Other Backward Classes in the upper age limit shall be allowed only in cases where the posts are reserved for that particular category.
3. As per GOI provisions, age relaxation for Widows, Divorced Women and Women Judicially separated from Husbands who are not remarried since, the upper age limit is relaxable up to the age of 35 years [up to 40 years for members of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes], The persons claiming age relaxation under this sub-para would be required to produce following documentary evidence:
i. In case of Widow, Death Certificate of her husband together with the Affidavit that she has not remarried since.
ii. In case of divorced Women and Women judicially separated from their husbands, a certified copy of the judgment/decree of the appropriate Court to prove the fact of divorce or the judicial separation, as the case may be, with an Affidavit in respect of divorced Women and they have not remarried since.
4.Age relaxation of 10 years (15 years for SC/ST and 13 years for OBC candidates) in upper age limit shall be allowed to persons suffering from (a) blindness or low vision (b) hearing impairment and (c) locomotor disability or cerebral palsy subject to the condition that maximum age of the applicant on the crucial date shall not exceed 56 years. The age concession to the persons with disabilities shall be admissible irrespective of the fact whether the post is reserved for person with disabilities or not, provided the post is identified suitable for the relevant category of disability. Relaxation of age limit would be permissible to such persons who have a minimum 40% disability.
5.Age relaxation to the Ex-Servicemen will be applicable as per the Government of India instructions, as amended from time to time.
6.SC/ST/OBC/PwD candidates are required to produce a copy of the certificate in the prescribed format signed by the specified authority at the time of interview. The OBC candidates must produce the certificate valid for appointments under the Central government.
7. For the post of Scientist/Senior Scientist, relaxation in age, qualification and/or experience may be permitted by the DG, CSIR, at any stage of selection, if the Director, CSIR - CSMCRI based on the recommendations of the Screening Committee is of the opinion that sufficient number of candidates is not available for a specific post.
8.Relaxation of five years will also be permissible to those who had ordinarily been domiciled in the Kashmir division of the state of Jammu and Kashmir during the period from 1-1-1980 to 31-12-1989 subject to production of relevant certificate from concerned authority.
9.Relaxation in age limit up to 5 years may be allowed to Council/Government/Autonomous Bodies/Public Sector employees in accordance with the instructions and orders issued by the Government of India from time to time in this regard.
Find more info on Next Page...
PLEASE NOTIFY THAT THIS JOB IS EXPIRED.
FIND LATEST JOBS BY CLICKING LINKS BELOW.