Career for Ph.D at Indian Institute of Technology (BHU)
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS TO THE CANDIDATES
1.The Institute reserves the right to withdraw any advertised position(s) at any time without giving any reason.
2.Application should include CV of the applicant, One-page summary of Ph.D. work, brief research proposal, letters of recommendation from Ph.D. supervisor and one-set of self attested copies of publication and copy of all certificates.
3. Institute will provide scholarship to the PDF @ Rs. 36,000/- p.m. (1st yr), Rs. 38,000/- p.m. (2nd yr), Rs. 40,000/- p.m. (3rd yr) + HRA as per rule.
4.PDFs shall generally be appointed initially for one year and the appointment may be extended on mutual requirement and availability of position and funds. Duration of appointment shall be limited to maximum three years.
5.To enable the Fellows imbibe the academic culture and to develop their teaching skills PDFs may be associated in teaching activities to a limited extent of four to six hours per week.
6.Selection process includes seminar followed by interview.
7. PDFs may co-supervise UG and PG students. PDFs shall not be the principal investigator of any research or consultation project.
8.The position of PDFs is purely temporary and time bound. Holding the position of PDF shall in no way be connected to selection as faculty or staff member of IIT(BHU) Varanasi.
9.Candidates who have received Ph.D. within the last three years at the time of application shall be eligible.
10.Candidates who have submitted their thesis and waiting for evaluation may also be appointed if they have enough evidence of their research skills and no objection of the supervisor. Such candidate needs to produce their Ph.D. Degree/Provisional Degree Certificate within 06 months from the date of appointment (in case of selection).
11. The age limit for the applicants will be maximum 35 years (relaxable by 05 years for women and reserved category candidates) as on last date of submission of application.
12. Preference will be given to the candidate having research experience in the area of the research as mentioned by the supervisor during the advertisement.
13.No objection certificate of supervisor will be required in case Ph.D. degree is awaited (Ph.D. work has been completed and thesis submission certificate from Institute will be required).
14.The performance of the postdoctoral fellow will be assessed by the Progress Review Committee (PRC) constituted by the Department/ Schools after the selection of PDF following same norms as for RPC for PhDs.
15. The RPC will meet every six month to assess the performance of the postdoctoral fellow. (Progress report: research work carried out supported by reprints/preprints of the papers).
16.Other benefits including leave and medical benefits for PDFs shall be at par with those provided to the PhD research scholars at IIT(BHU) Varanasi.
17.In case of any dispute/ambiguity that may occur in the process of selection, the decision of the Institute shall be final.
18.For updates, please visit the Institute website regularly, as any subsequent amendment will be announced on the Institute website only.
19. Incomplete application or without relevant supporting enclosures will be out right rejected.
20. No TA/DA will be paid if called for interview.
21. Application along with the relevant enclosures should reach the office of Dean(R&D), Indian Institute of Technology (BHU), Varanasi-221005 (India) latest by 10 September, 2016.
22. The envelope should be superscribed with the Post Code applied for.
23. Candidate may contact respective advisor for further academic queries at the e-mail address given above.
TERMINATION: If the Post Doctoral Fellow wishes to leave the programme before the end of the tenure, he/she can do so with prior approval of the PRC giving one month's notice. The fellowship may be terminated by the Institute if the performance/conduct of the fellow is unsatisfactory after giving one month's notice to the Post Doctoral fellow. In this case the supervisor may advertise again PDF position for remaining period but it should not less than one year (i.e. remaining period must be 1 year or more)
PLEASE NOTIFY THAT THIS JOB IS EXPIRED.
FIND LATEST JOBS BY CLICKING LINKS BELOW.