The National Centre for Cell Science (NCCS] is an autonomous institution of Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India, for a mandate of basic research, teaching & training, and as a national repository for cell lines/hybridomas etc. The Centre is located in the midst of academically enriched environment of University of Savitribai Phule Pune Campus, Pune.
The candidates fulfilling the requirements and suitable as per the essential qualifications & desirable experience will be shortlisted for an Online interview. The list of shortlisted candidates and details of the interview would be shared through the institutional website tentatively during third week of May, 2022
Research Associate - I (01 post)
Name of the PI : Dr. Akanksha Chaturvedi
Essential Qualification & Experience : Ph.D/MD/MS/MDS or equivalent degree or having 3 years of research, teaching and design and development experience after MVSc/M.Pharm/ME/M.Tech with at least one research paper in Science Citation Indexed (SCI) journal.
Desirable Experience : Candidates with prior research experience in any of these fields is desirable
1. Molecular Virology such as viral reverse genetics, pseudovirus generation, microneutralization assay development
2. Recombinant protein expression in eukaryotic system, virat vector-based protein expression, baculovirus systems, protein purification, characterization.
3. Immunology, molecular cloning, animal handling.
Project Tenure : Up to 02.03.2027
Total Monthly Emoluments : Rs. 47,000/- + HRA
Age limit : Not more than 35 years as on last date of application.
Junior Research Fellow (01 post)
Name of the Project : "System Regulatory Networks of Autophagy Proteins in Leishmania: Implication towards Drug Design"
Name of the PI : Dr. Shailza Singh
Essential Qualification & Experience : Post Graduate Degree in Basic Science Or Graduate / Post Graduate Degree in Professional Course selected through a process described through any one of the following.
A. Scholars who are selected through National Eligibility Tests - CSIR-UGC NET including lectureship (Assistant Professorship) and GATE.
B. The selection process through National Level examinations conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and Institutions such as DST, DBT, DAE, DOS, DRDO, MHRD, ICAR, ICMR, IIT( IlSc, USER etc.
Desirable Experience : Candidates should have experience in computational biology (Programming Languages), cell culture techniques, Western blotting, RT-PCR, SDS-PAGE, ELISA and animal handling.
Project Tenure : Up to 30.03.2025, The sanction as on today is for 01 year.
Total Monthly Emoluments : Rs. 31,000/- + HRA
Age limit : Not more than 28 years as on last date of application.
Project Associate - I (01 post)
Name of the Project : "Understanding the functions of Annulate Lamellae, an underexplored cell organelle."
Name of the PI : Dr. Jomon Joseph
Essential Qualification & Experience : Master's Degree in Natural Or Agricultural Sciences / MVSc or bachelor's degree in Engineering or Technology or Medicine from a recognized University or equivalent.
Desirable Experience : A minimum of one year research experience in animal cell culture, molecular biology and/or cell biology.
Project Tenure : Up to 21.03.2025
Total Monthly Emoluments : i) Rs. 31,000/- + HRA to Scholars who are selected through a) National Eligibility Tests - CSIR-UGC NET including lectureship (Assistant Professorship) or GATE or b) A selection process through National level examinations conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and Institutions, ii) Rs. 25,000A +HRA for others who do not fall under (i) above.
Age limit : Not more than 35 years as on last date of application.
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS :
1) Applications in the prescribed format duly filled in along with attested copies of all relevant certificates showing date of birth, educational qualifications, work experience, details of the exam passed (Secondary School Certificate onwards), caste certificate if any and other relevant
documents should reach by POST addressed to “THE DIRECTOR, NATIONAL CENTRE FOR CELL SCIENCE (NCCS), S. P. Pune University Campus, Post — Ganeslikhind, Pune - 411007, Maharashtra, India” Oil or before 11.05.2022.
Please mention the advertisement no. on the envelope.
Kindly post separate application for each position.
2) The complete application template in the prescribed Bio-data format is available below this advertisement (as word and PDF file)
3) Recent passport size photograph and photocopies of relevant certificates, and other testimonials in support of age, qualification, experience etc. as mentioned below, may be attached with the application format which is enclosed below the advertisement.
4) The applicant must attach all self-attested copies of certificates in support of date of Birth, Educational Qualifications (Secondary School Certificate onwards), Work Experience (on respective letter heads wherever they have worked, signed and dated by the authorized
person), Details of the Exams passed (Secondary School Certificate and Higher Secondary School Certificate (10+2), Graduate degree, post-graduate degree, PhD, and other if any), Caste Certificate, if any. Self-attested Copies of NET/GATE/National Level examinations conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and Institutions such as DST, DBT, DAE, DOS, DRDO, MHRD, ICAR, ICMR, IIT, IISc, IISER, etc and other relevant documents must be included. Direct contact number should be included in the applications.
5) SC/ST/OBC candidates must produce proof of their caste certificate from appropriate authority. In addition, OBC candidates must also produce latest/valid non-creamy layer certificate in the prescribed form for claiming the reservation benefits.
6) The applications will be summarily rejected in absence of these certificates or any requested information like e-mail and phone number wherever applicable. There will not be any further communication in this regard from us.
List of shortlisted candidates for interview selection process with details of date, time will be
put up on the institute website below this advertisement and candidates will be informed by
7) In case if shortlisted for interview and upon successful selection, the applicant must bring all the original certificates in support of date of Birth, Educational Qualifications, Work Experience, Details of the Exams passed (Secondary School Certificate onwards), Caste Certificate, if any and other relevant documents, at the time of joining for the purpose of verification, along with one set of photocopies. An Offer letter would be valid subject to verification of vour certificates with the original documents only, within one month of issue of the Offer letter. The duration of offer will be determined based on fund availability.
8) The Director, NCCS reserves the right to enhance/reduce the number of posts and also cancel the recruitment process. Additional percentage and experience cut-off will be applied during the screening process, if required.
9) The prescribed educational qualifications and experience are the bare minimum and mere possession of same does not entitle candidates to be called for online interview. The Centre reserves the right to call for online interview only those candidates who in its opinion are likely to be suitable.
10) Where number of applications received in response to this advertisement is large, it will not be convenient or possible to interview all the candidates. Based on the recommendations of screening committee, the project investigator may restrict the number of candidates to be called for the interview to a reasonable limit after taking into consideration of qualifications and desirable experience over and above the minimum prescribed, in the advertisement. Therefore, it will be in the interest of the candidates, to mention all the qualifications and experience in the relevant field at the time of applying. No interim enquiries/correspondence/communication of any sort will be entertained on this matter.
11) 5% Marks relaxation will be given to SC/ST/OBC candidates, over the prescribed percentage in respective post.
12) The above advertised positions are filled up purely on temporary basis for the limited time period on the extramural projects funded by DBT/DST/CSIR/ICMR/SERB etc./Government and private organizations. The position will automatically co-terminus on the completion of the project tenure. The appointed person shall have no claim of appointment/absorption in funding agency or in NCCS, Pune.
13) Fellowship/Emoluments: Emoluments to the research personnel engaged under project will be made in accordance with the sanction order or latest DST O.M whichever the case may be.
14) Age limit will be considered as on closing date of receipt of application. Age relaxation of 5 years in case of Women/SC/ST/PH candidates and 3 years in case of OBC candidates will be given as per Government of India rules. Reservation as per Govt, of India norms will be followed.
15) Age & Experience will be relaxed in exceptional cases by the Competent Authority.
16) Canvassing in any form and/or bringing in any influence will be treated as disqualification for the post.
17) The posts advertised shall be need based without any commitment for its filling.
18) Selected candidates will have to join duty within one month of the receipt of the offer of appointment.
19) Lower positions will be offered, if candidates are not found suitable for the above advertised positions.
A) Please download and use the Bio-data Format
Last Date : 11.05.2022
See All Other Jobs in our Database