The Centre has taken up research on scientific validation of Herbal and Traditional Medicine, through studies in phytochemistry, efficacy, safety, mode of action and clinical evaluation of herb, its ingredients and traditional formulations, as the thrust area. NITM is also involved in studies on prevalence of various diseases at regional level, and lending active support to the State health authorities in investigation of outbreaks, laboratory confirmations, as well as providing infrastructural support and expertise in the relevant fields of interest. Furthermore, NITM Belagavi is serving as a nodal Centre for execution of various Task Force projects and Schemes of the ICMR and DHR. Raising to the current occasion of COVID 19 pandemic, all the scientists in the institute are currently engaged in development of traditional medicine formulations to combat this viral infection.
Post : Project Scientist -I (Non- Medical)
No of Post : 01 UR
Essential Qualification : 1st class Master’s degree in Bioinformatics / Pharmacology / Life Sciences from a recognized University with two years experience in Bioinformatics. OR 2nd class Master’s Degree in Bioinformatics / Pharmacology / Life Sciences with Ph.D. in a Biomedical subject from a recognized University.
Desirable Qualification : Ph. D / M.Tech Degree with
• Experience in research activities
• Experience of working with databases
• Exposure to in silico studies on herbal compounds and drugs
Job requirement : To carry out bioinformatics studies on medicinal plants and formulations used in traditional medicine and the interaction of molecules with other drugs, create a database of the interactions after thorough mining of data, assist the PI in execution of the project, coordinate with the Research Assistant, impart training, and any other work as may be assigned by the PI related to project
Consolidated Emolument : Rs. 48,000/- plus HRA pm consolidated
Upper age limit : 35 years
Terms and Conditions :
1. Candidates willing to apply for the post may download application form from the ICMR-NITM website (icmrnitm.res.in). Duly filled application affixing recent passport size colored photograph along with a detailed bio-data/ C.V and self-attested copies of all relevant certificates and experience should be sent to ICMR-NITM, Belagavi before 05.00 PM of 17.01.2022 via email to email@example.com while sending application by email candidates should attach application form, along with documents related to education and experience in chronological order. (Pdf format). Late received applications will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be called for Interview (offline/online), no correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
2. Date for Interview (offline/online) will be intimated to the shortlisted candidates in due course of time.
3.The applications not in the prescribed format will summarily be rejected.
4. Number of vacancies are likely to vary.
5. Above position is for ad-hoc extramural research projects purely on temporary basis and co-terminus with the project.
6. Recruitment will depend upon requirement of project and subject to approval of the competent authority.
7. The rates of emoluments/ stipend are project specific and may vary according to sanction of the funding agency of the project depending on availability of funds.
8. Age Concession: Age relaxation is admissible in respect of SC/ST/OBC candidates, project employees and ex- Serviceman in accordance with the instructions issued by ICMR from time to time. Age concession to the extent of service rendered in other research projects will also be admissible for experienced and skilled persons, subject to approval of competent authority.
9. Cut-off date for age limit will be as on the date of walk-in-interview.
10. Reserved category candidates must produce their Caste Validity Certificate. OBC candidates must possess a latest valid non-creamy layer certificate.
11. Qualification and experience should be in relevant discipline / field from an Institution of repute. Experience gained after acquiring the minimum essential qualification will only be considered.
12. Mere fulfilling the essential qualification does not guarantee the selection.
13. Persons already in regular time scale service under any Government Department / Organizations are not eligible to apply.
14. No TA/DA will be paid and candidates have to arrange transport/ accommodation themselves for written test/ interview.
15. The Director has the right to accept/reject any application without assigning any reason and no correspondence in this matter will be entertained.
16. Submission of wrong or false information during the process of selection shall disqualify the candidature at any stage.
17. Candidates who will be interviewed online, if they get selected, will have to produce original documents of their Qualification, Age & Experience before joining. If they are not found eligible, their selection will be cancelled immediately.
18. Selected candidate will normally be posted at the study site; however, they can be posted to any other sites in the interest of research work. They are liable to serve in any party of the country.
19. Selected candidate shall not have any claim on a regular post in this Institute or in any Department of Government of India and their project service will not confer any right for further assignment or transfer to any other project or appointment / absorption in funding agency or in this institute. Benefits of Provident Fund, Pension Scheme, Leave Travel Concession, Medical claim, etc. are not admissible.
20. Initial appointment will normally be for a period of one year or the period mentioned in the advertisement. Further continuation/extension of service will depend on tenure of the project and performance of the concerned project employee by his/her project investigator, subject to approval of competent authority.
21. The Project Investigator and/or appointing authority reserves the right to terminate the service of project personnel even during the agreed contract period or extended contract period without assigning any reason.
22. Leave shall be as per the Institutional policy for project staff.
23. The Director, NITM reserves the right to cancel/ modify the recruitment process at any time, at his discretion.
24. The decision of the Director, NITM will be final and binding.
25. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
26. Further information; if any; in respect of this advertisement, will be published on the website only.
Duly filled application affixing recent passport size colored photograph along with a detailed bio-data/ C.V and self-attested copies of all relevant certificates and experience should be sent to ICMR-NITM, Belagavi before 05.00 PM of 17.01.2022 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org while sending application by email candidates should attach application form, along with documents related to education and experience in chronological order.
See All Other Jobs in our Database