Vacancy for Senior Research Fellow, Junior Research Fellow at National Institute of Immunology
The National Institute of Immunology (NII) is committed to advanced research addressing the basic mechanisms involved in body's defence to identify modalities for manipulation of the immune system to provide protection against diseases and understand mechanisms that can be used to target disease processes for intervention. The institute’s research thrust areas under immunology and related disciplines cluster in four main themes, namely, infection and immunity, molecular design, gene regulation and reproduction and development, where cutting edge research in modern biology is being carried out.
Applications are invited for one position of Senior Research Fellow (P)/Junior Research Fellow (P) for the following time-bound sponsored project.
Post : Senior Research Fellow (P)/Junior Research Fellow (P) [One position only]
Name of the project : “Influence of Maternal One-Carbon (1C) Metabolism in Placental Function, Fatal Growth and Programming” funded DBT.
Duration of the Project : Tenable till-14.03.2021
Name of the Project Investigator and Email ID : Dr. Arnab Mukhopadhyay Staff Scientist-VI Molecular Aging Lab firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Research Fellow (Project) : M.Sc/M.Tech in Bioinformatics or any area of Life Science or MCA with good academic standing. The candidate should have qualified any ‘National Level Examination’ (NET) with two years research experience, as per DST OM dated 30.01.2019.
Junior Research Fellow (Project) : M.Sc/M.Tech in Bioinformatics or any area of Life Science or MCA with good academic standing. The candidate should have qualified any ‘National Level Examination’ (NET) as per DST OM dated 30.01.2019.
Senior Research Fellow (Project): Rs. 35,000/- per month plus 24% HRA as per DST OM dated 30.01.2019.
Junior Research Fellow (Project): Rs.31,000/- per month plus 24% HRA as per DST OM dated 30.01.2019
The candidates are expected to have :
• Experience in Next generation sequencing analysis of transcriptomics, ChIP-seq and small RNA-seq data.
• Ability to analyze raw primary data generated by Illumina next generation sequencing platform and create troubleshoot custom analysis pipelines.
• Ability to handle all downstream secondary and tertiary data analysis using commercially available as well as open source software (transcriptomics, ChIP-seq and small RNA-seq)
• Apart from these, the applicant should have knowledge of the following: scripting language:R, perl and/or Python.
• Operating system: Unix and Windows.
• Exposure to NGS Analysis tools like: Maq, BWA, Bowtie, SAM tools, BEDTools, MACS, Galaxy, FastQT, Tophat Cufflinks, AvadisNGS, CLC Genomics Workbeneh,Galaxy, BaseSpace, Trinity, understanding of Statistics using:Microsoft Excel and R.
• Genome Browser: UCSC, Ensemble,IGV,IGB
• Ability to use Motif Analysis Tools like:MEME Suite, Transfac and RSAT Functional Annotation Tools:DAVID,GeneCodis, Gene Cards.
General Terms & Conditions:
1. The candidates selected for the above posts will be on contract for one year or duration of the project whichever is shorter, at a time.
2. No hostel/ housing facility will be provided.
3. Applicants may clearly mention the category they belong to i.e. SC/ST/OBC/PH and attach documentary proof of the same.
4. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview, if called for.
5. Apart from sending application in the prescribed format given below, candidates should send complete Curriculum Vitae along with the names of three referees. Curriculum Vitae should contain details of the experimental expertise and list of publications.
6. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates may apply directly, STRICTLY IN THE PRESCRIBED FORMAT GIVEN BELOW, through E-mail, to the Investigator of the project, clearly indicating the name of the project along with their complete C.V., E-mail-ID, fax numbers, telephone numbers. Only Short listed candidates will be called for interview and they required to submit attested copies of all their certificates and a Demand Draft of Rs 100/- drawn on Canara Bank or Indian Bank payable at Delhi/New Delhi in favour of the Director, NII (SC/ST/PH and Women candidates are exempted from payment of fees) subject to submission of documentary proof), at the time of interview.
LAST DATE OF RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: 15.01.2020
See All Other Jobs in our Database