Require Research Investigator at Syngene International
Syngene International is one of India’s premier contract research and manufacturing organizations in providing customized service. Our services encompasses all across discovery chain: early stage discovery, process development, cGMP manufacturing and formulation development both in the small molecule and novel biologics area. Based in Bangalore, Karnataka, the Company is situated in a 90 acre Special Economic Zone with over 100000 sq. mt of built up facilities.
Post : Research Investigator-Imaging
The incumbent will join our Clinical IHC and Pathology team to provide support within the Immuno-oncology space, through the strategic application of cutting-edge pathology image analysis and bioinformatics approaches. The successful candidate must have experience in utilizing pathology image analysis software in the quantification of IHC staining expression, including tumor/stroma classification and cellular feature extraction. The candidate should be able to perform statistical analyses and data visualization using data analysis packages such as R, Python, and/or MATLAB.
• Hands-on implementation/support of pathology whole slide image analysis tools and technology.
• Working alongside pathologist and scientists in the clinical IHC-pathology group to manage, prepare and analyze pathology whole slide images to support Immuno-Oncology and other disease areas.
• Perform bioinformatics analyses and data visualization, including analytics associating image analysis features with response and survival data using cox regression models, hypothesis testing, ROC analysis, and other statistical tools
• Active participation in the testing of pathology image management and analysis systems, tools and technology
• Prepare and present findings from image analysis projects to other groups within BBRC and BMS.
• Collaborate with other image scientists to propose, review and finalize future image analysis algorithm development and project work.
Qualification and Experience
PhD in Biomedical Engineering, Bioinformatics, Computer Science or related discipline with 1-2 years of experience; or M.S. with 5-6 or more years of related experience in a pathology lab or pharmaceutical or biotech company.
• Experience in any digital pathology analysis software packages is preferred
• Excellent programming skills in one or more analytics packages such as R, Python and/or MATLAB.
• Knowledge of various digital imaging scanner and/or experience imaging chromogen and fluorescent stains is desired.
• Prior experience in developing image analysis algorithms in feature extraction of tumor, stroma, and various cell types through stains and morphometric features is preferred.
• Has developed and deployed image analysis workflows for capture, organization and storage in a GLP-like environment.
• Strong problem-solving and collaboration skills, and rigorous and creative thinking
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including an ability to collaborate effectively with lab scientists and pathologists
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, and to handle several concurrent, fast-paced projects.
• The ability to work across organizations to define and solve problems that will benefit the whole organizations.
• Capable of establishing strong working relationships across the organization.
• Background in Oncology/Immuno-Oncology is a plus
• Familiarity with tumor pathology, cancer biology and image analysis is preferred.
Experience : 1-2 years
Qualification : Ph.D, M.Sc
Location : India
Industry Type : Pharma
Functional Area : R&D
End Date : 27th February, 2019
See All Other Jobs in our Database