Novartis looking for Head in Project Management
Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented and performance driven people. All of which makes them one of the most rewarding employers in their field.
Post : Head - Project Management
• Overall responsibility for the Project Management department at the SDC India.
• Establish and lead the team of project managers operationally and functionally.
• Ensure the development and retention of team members.
• Safeguard deliverables and compliance of costs, quality, as well as timelines primarily for development projects performed or overseen by the SDC India.
• Interface management across the local and global organizations.
• Contribute as the key leader to the performance and efficiency of the organization.
• Member of the local SDC leadership Team.
Project Management Leadership
• Recruit and hire professional and highly skilled project management staff.
• Establish and lead high performing project management team.
• Provide leadership and direction for project management team to strengthen their skills, capabilities and overall professional growth in the company.
• Actively contribute in the establishment of high performing leadership and project teams in SDC India.
• Develop and cultivate relationships with local and global Product Development Leadership and other pipeline managers; assist project managers in issue escalations and project governance.
• Navigate matrixed organization and resolve conflicts proactively.
• Provide communication channels between SDC teams, SDC management and global management.
• Implement project management systems, database and tools.
• Establish and implement efficient processes and drive their continuous improvement within Project management, across SDC functions and with interfaces.
• Provide regular training and awareness programs to the project management team and project teams in SDC India on global and local Product Development processes.
Management of projects in SDC India (evaluation, planning, execution and reporting)
• Closely collaborate with Global Sandoz functions on allocation of projects to SDC India.
• Coordination, monitoring and tracking of all active projects in the SDC India from allocation to launch.
• Ensure the alignment of project strategies with program and portfolio strategies.
• Oversee the preparation and management of timelines, budgets, capacity plans and priorities for all active projects in SDC India.
• Challenge project schedules with project managers; ensure management of timelines through critical path analysis.
• Provide feedback to project managers on project risks mitigation plans.
• Be the primary interface between global and local Product Development teams.
• Prepare, update and oversee all project management reports and communication tools at a global and local level to foster transparency for all involved groups.
• Review global project database for compliance to standards for entry of project data.
• Review project data within databases and interpret data for business trends.
• Prioritize project deliverables with Product Development and other department peers.
• Monitor completion and reporting of key product development targets.
• Establish and control budget for a set of project direct and indirect costs
Key Performance Indicator :
• High performing project management team with high level of customer satisfaction.
• High level of awareness across SDC in terms of project priorities and status.
• Strong organizational framework with efficient and lean processes.
• Achievement of agreed project deliverables, i.e. number of filings and launches, milestone and budget accuracy.
• Consolidation of reporting on project progress: meet timelines, quality and budget according to endorsed project execution strategy.
• Consolidation and reporting of probability of success for SDC India projects.
PhD in natural sciences (pharmacy, chemistry or similar) or MSc / MBA with profound project management experience in pharmaceutical industry; project management trainings; English Minimum 10 years’ experience in pharmaceutical development environment with min. 5 years of program/project management experience including complex projects and multi-projects management. Min. 3 years of leadership experience with leading the team of direct reports. Experience with setting up high-performing teams and efficient processes. Excellent knowledge of (generic) pharmaceutical environment with good understanding of R&D. Proven ability to communicate and collaborate effectively and lead teams of direct reports.
Experience : 3 -10 years
Qualification : Ph.D, M.Sc, MBA
Location : Hyderabad, AP
Industry Type : Pharma
Functional Area : Project Management
End Date : 25th February, 2019
See All Other Jobs in our Database